Current Version

• Staff

There are no public APIs that can be used to query that URL to get the version number.

However, you can find the current version in the first row of the table on this page:

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038521514-Malwarebytes-for-Mac-Product-Lifecycle

(...or the second row, if you count the header.)

You could script something that would grab the page and parse out the version number listed there.

Also, if it's helpful, note that we're going to be releasing an update with a new feature that will automatically keep the software up-to-date. That should be happening in the near future, though I can't give a specific date.

Thank you Treed. 

I did visit that site you provided. My only concern was it doesn't match the current version. That page shows the active version as 4.1 (not 4.1.28).

We using this information to make sure the client is running the most updated version available. The monitoring software allows to make sure all the computers on the network are updated and no errors connecting and updating. We are currently using data from the product.info file. I would love to have access to compare the installed version to the current version. We would also like to know how to get notification that a threat is/was found.  The end of each month we provide a detailed report to the IT manager letting them know of any problems and threats the have been taking care of.

Client Edition: Premium
Client Version: 4.1.28.3352
Active Scan: ON

VERSION
DATABASE

• Staff

If you look at the data on that page, notice that the third version number is only present for bug fix updates. So 4.1.28 would only be listed as 4.1, but if we were to release, say, a 4.1.30, it would be listed as such to differentiate it. So, if the first item on the list is 4.1, any build that starts with 4.1 would be current, since there's only one. If the first item is something like 4.1.30, you'd need to match all those digits.