Leedogg

Problem with Chrome/Malwarebytes and resolving host

Hello, I am having an issue with Google Chrome and Malwarebytes and websites being very slow with resolving host on the bottom of the Chrome. I've tried turning on/off web protection and  ransom protection. But most of time it doesn't help. It has been doing this the last few weeks.Any help would be appreciated.

Attached is the logfiles from the Malwarebytes Support Tool

mbst-grab-results.zip

5 minutes ago, Leedogg said:

It has been doing this the last few weeks.Any help would be appreciated.

I would  recommend creating exclusions between Malwarebytes and Your AV to help prevent any possible conflicts or performance issues.  Please add the items listed in this support article to Your AV 's allow list(s)/trust list(s)/exclusion list(s) particularly for any of its real-time protection components and likewise add Your AV 's program folder(s) (likely located under C:\Program Files and/or C:\Program Files (x86)) to Malwarebytes' Allow List using the method described under the Allow a file or folder section of this support article and do the same for its primary data folder which is likely located under C:\ProgramData (you may need to show hidden files and folders to see it).

Greetings,

Please do the following so that we may try to determine why this issue is happening and hopefully find a fix:

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  3. Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Thanks

4 hours ago, pia101 said:

I also have this same problem.  I have Malwarebytes Premium and use Chrome.  I've had to uninstall Malwarebytes twice.  The problem seems to be fine until Malwarebytes runs a scan and then it starts again.  So, right now, Malwarebytes is uninstalled on my system.  I don't want to have to install 3 other pieces of software to fix a problem with Malwarebytes.  

I know for me, I ran the repair tool. And it has fixed the issue for now. But I'm still holding my breath.

I'm glad to hear it, hopefully the issue doesn't return but please let us know if it does and we will continue to investigate and hopefully find a permanent solution.

Thanks

On 3/7/2020 at 5:13 PM, pia101 said:

I also have this same problem.  I have Malwarebytes Premium and use Chrome.  I've had to uninstall Malwarebytes twice.  The problem seems to be fine until Malwarebytes runs a scan and then it starts again.  So, right now, Malwarebytes is uninstalled on my system.  I don't want to have to install 3 other pieces of software to fix a problem with Malwarebytes.  

Same problem here, although it doesn't seem to be related to scan activity.  Can be immediately bad, or go as long as a week before reoccurring.  When browsing slows, I always get a report of router difficulties from Windows network diagnosis tool as well.  Tried all kinds of versions, uninstall, install, repair tool, settings, support ticket.  Can't wait till I learn to be patient.....

Apparently the resolving hosts issue is a known bug.

I've no idea when this might be addressed though as I can find no mention of plans for the next beta.

Yes, there are a few users reporting this issue so far.  I do not know if/when a fix will be available, but hopefully soon.  In the meantime, anyone affected by this issue please do the following to aid the staff in troubleshooting this issue:

3. Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Thanks

If no fix becomes available, MWB is unusable for me.

Based on your request, MWB is unable to reproduce this problem?  Is this correct?

I'm not sure, I only help out here on the forums and so far I've only seen a few users reporting it, however many more users may be reporting it directly to Support, so I can't speak to any actual numbers.  I just haven't personally seen that many.

Would it be possible for you (or me?) to check with the development team about this?  For those of us affected, it's probably a deal breaker with respect to continued use of MWB.

I'm more than happy to help troubleshoot this problem if necessary - but if it's already reproducible, I'd rather not make the unnecessary effort.

Thanks for your help on the forums.

A member of the staff can likely address your concerns, if not one of the Devs directly.  In the meantime, anyone affected should be able to keep Web Protection disabled for now until the issue is resolved and anyone using any other security software or any sort of proxy or VPN solution, please try removing them to see if it makes any difference as the issue may be caused by some sort of unknown conflict.

I would additionally recommend that everyone (especially anyone operating with Web Protection disabled) install Malwarebytes free add-on for Chromium based browsers as well as Mozilla Firefox called Malwarebytes Browser Guard.  It blocks most of the same sites as Web Protection in Malwarebytes and additionally blocks further items through behavioral means using methods not possible outside of a browser extension including detection for tech support scam sites and many other web based threats.  It also blocks trackers as well as many advertisements to help safeguard your privacy online and speed up browsing.  You can learn more about it and download it at the aforementioned link.

I hope this is helpful while we continue to investigate this issue, and anyone affected by this please post the logs requested in this post if possible to help us try to find the cause of the issue on your own systems.

Thanks

I am having this issue also.  It took me hours to log into Malwarebytes!  So frustrating. I have attached the gather logs.  Please help! I can not run my business without my computer.

mbst-grab-results.zip

On 4/7/2020 at 6:01 PM, exile360 said:

If you disable Web Protection in Malwarebytes, does that eliminate the issue?

I deleted Malwarebytes and re-installed.  So far, for a few hours, it has not started doing it again.  Thank you for your response.

Great, hopefully it's fixed for good, but please let us know if the issue returns.

Thanks

I have this problem occasionally too.  I'm using Chrome and I have Malwarebytes Premium.   The "Resolving Host..." delay doesn't happen all the time but when it does, a simple re-boot fixes it.  

Greetings,

Please do the following so that we may take a look at your current configuration:

Thanks

Hi all,

If you've yet to do so, please ensure component package 1.0.875 or higher is installed by opening Settings -> About. If this is not installed, please manually check for updates and ensure it's installed.

Once 1.0.875 is installed, please let us know if you continue to experience an issue with Web Protection.

On 4/9/2020 at 1:01 PM, MaryAnn3 said:

I deleted Malwarebytes and re-installed.  So far, for a few hours, it has not started doing it again.  Thank you for your response.

I have now updated and I do have version 1.0.875.  Thank you for that information.

I have Malwarebytes Premium and Chrome. I had the exact same issue. Websites were loading so slow with resolving host on the bottom of the Chrome. Restarting the computer usually fixes it. After installing the recent version 1.0.875 everything seems fine. No slow loading webpages and "resolving host" issues.

How long does it take to  Gather Logs? Mine is taking hours... Is that normal?
- Resolving host waiting times are longer everyday. Not resolved by restarting.

- The first time the problem resolves after running the support tool (uninstalled and reinstalled latest version automatically

- The next day the resolving host is back again!

Help please!

No, it should take maybe 30 minutes at the most to gather logs.  It sounds like it is hung up, please try restarting the system to see if that helps and if it still won't work then please try running the system from Safe Mode with Networking as described here and see if gathering the logs works there.

I get this problem cropping up on my PC and laptop. It always takes me too long troubleshooting before I either remember or stumble upon someone mentioning Malwarebytes. Every time I disable Web Protection then Chrome is back to running at top speed. I just renewed but I am starting to think it's a waste of money.

Downloading the repair tool but I might just run MB in offline mode to save the drama it causes. I wonder if this is what has been breaking Google Docs for me lately.

Please see if the newest update fixes this if you don't have the latest installed already.  You can check by opening Malwarebytes and going to settings by clicking the small gear icon in the upper right, then select the About tab and it should show Component package version 1.0.889.  If it does not, then click the Check for updates link in the About tab and allow it to install any available updates, then restart your PC and see if the issue is resolved.

If the issue does persist, please do the following so that we may investigate further:

Thanks