Windows 10 Machine Crashing after Running MalwareBytes

Hi,

I recently downloaded MalwareBytes on my girlfriend's laptop to remove some viruses she had. It found 233 threats and then asked me to quarantine them, which I did and then restart my machine to remove them. 

Upon restarting the laptop, I got the blue screen loaded and it won't let me login. I have tried safe mode I believe and no luck with repeatedly pressing F8, all I get is the blue screen saying that Your PC ran into a problem and can't restart. 

If someone could help please, I am sort of freaking out and so is my girlfriend.

Thanks

Hi, 

My name is Maurice. I will be helping and guiding you, going forward on this case.

Let me know what first name you prefer to go by.

Please follow my directions as we go along.  Please do not do any changes on your own without first checking with me.

If you will be away for more than 3 consecutive days,  do try to let me know ahead of time, as much as possible.

Please only just attach   all report files, etc  that I ask for as we go along.

Please see about pushing the Power Off button on this machine.  If it is a laptop or notebook, push and hold the power off button in until you can sense that the disc is powered off.

and regardless, if this rig has a attached printer, or external device of any sort, disconnect all those kinds of devices.

Wait about one minute.

Then power up the machine by turning the Power ON .

Then wait and allow the Windows 10 to start re-loading.   Have lots and lots of patience.

By the way, do  not "freak out".   The situation is something that can be overcome.   Needs bunches of patience.

You will need to keep repeating the power off / wait a minute / power back on .....until eventually you should see a "recovery option list of choices".

if listed, Safe mode with NETWORKING would be a very good choice   ( as just a temporary measure)

by the way, write down the geeky text line  that is on the blue screen after "stopcode"    & let me have that text

You can reply at anytime you are ready.   Just do a reply and post that here.   I would then reply back to you.

This should not be considered like a online live chat.   This is a technical case.  Just make a post when you can.

One of the other things I would want to know, just in case, if you have access to another working computer.  We may possibly need to do some download and transfer to a USB-flash-thumb-drive    ( possibly)   and then take that to your girlfriends machine.   A possibility.

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks