Billyoc

Feed.chunkapp.com browser hijack need to remove

Hi there,

A friends Macbook Pro ( 2012) 10.10.5 has had its Internet browsers taken over by the Feed.chunkapp.com adware. When you try and search in Mozilla or Safari it redirects to Feed.chunk...and fails to open any web pages making it impossible to browse. I spent some time trying to fix it yesterday but to no avail. I followed instructions: utilities-check activity monitor for suspicious items ans did searches for the adware but couldn't find. I also looked through libraries and applications but no luck. I also installed Malwarebytes and scanned but couldnt resolve the issue.

I stumbled on this forum today and it looks like a good place to get advice. I did notice someone posted here about deleting profiles which i'd like to know more about.

Finally, if all fails could I back up his important docs and do a factory reset-will that remove this problem.

Thanks in advance

Bill

This post at the top of the forum contains the best advice, including profile removal, so start with following all applicable advise first: 

Thanks 

21 hours ago, alvarnell said:

This post at the top of the forum contains the best advice, including profile removal, so start with following all applicable advise first: 

Thanks Alvarnell. It was a profile and I removed it and changed the setting in Safari ( Homepage). Safari and Mozilla are back to normal

All good...my friend passes on thanks

Glad to have helped. Please return if your friend has any other issues or questions.