Blocked due to malvertising

Hi , malwarebytes blocked my brave browser's out going connection,and said it was malvertising ,The alert keeps popping up ,i tried updating the program,but that didn't work. Any help would be appreciated . 

Malwarebytes

-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 2/22/20
Protection Event Time: 6:46 PM
Log File: 8acba536-55cd-11ea-8a51-3c9180843fcc.json

-Software Information-
Version: 4.0.4.49
Components Version: 1.0.823
Update Package Version: 1.0.19640
License: Trial

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe, Blocked, -1, -1, 0.0.0

-Website Data-
Category: Malvertising
Domain: 
IP Address: 163.172.20.152
Port: 80
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe

(end)

Hi,    :welcome:

My name is Maurice. I will be helping and guiding you, going forward on this case.

Let me know what first name you prefer to go by.

The Block notices from Malwarebytes web protection do mean that Malwarebytes is keeping your pc safe from potential harm.

A block notice is an advisory of the "block".

For Your Information:

The website  Block message indicates that a potential risk was blocked by the malicious website protection. 

The Malwarebytes web protection, by default, will always show each IP block occurrence.

The Malwarebytes Webs protection feature will advise customers when a known or suspected malicious IP is attempted to be reached (outgoing) or is trying access your PC.

See our info page https://www.malwarebytes.com/lp/ip-blocking/?ipblock=true

Incoming block notice can be ignored, our software is blocking the threat and there is nothing more that can be done.

On Outbound blocks, any attempted connection was stopped.

No action is required unless you’re also experiencing malware symptoms or there are multiple (different) IPs (ex;123.23.34 and 4.44.56).

A browser is not required to be running, just an active Internet connection with processes running,

such as Instant messenger clients, SKYPE or Peer-to-peer software, to trigger these alerts.

These are also triggered by banner ads running on websites which is the most common form of alert.

The Malwarebytes web protection is keeping the pc safe.

See this article on our Malwarebytes Blog
https://blog.malwarebytes.com/security-world/technology/2019/01/browser-push-notifications-feature-asking-abused/

You want to disable the ability of each web browser on this machine from being able to allow "push ads". That means Chrome, Firefox, or Edge browser (on Windows 10), or on Opera.

Scroll down to the tips section "How do I disable them".

[    2    ]

I suggest you install the Malwarebytes Browser guard for Brave.

To get & install the Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension for Brave,

Open this link in your Brave   browser: 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/malwarebytes/ihcjicgdanjaechkgeegckofjjedodee

Then proceed with the setup.

Your probably right ,I have Ad rewards for brave turned one,Where you view privacy respecting ads ,and they pay you in Ethereum crypto currency.I Had malwarebytes browser guard activated , but was reading about how antivirus ,extensions , like that can actually make you more unsafe. https://www.howtogeek.com/239950/dont-use-your-antivirus-browser-extensions-they-can-actually-make-you-less-safe/   , I had avg on, and malwarebytes. so after reading that I figured normal malwarebytes would take care of it. I really appreciate the response. Also can't I just white list my browsers in Malwarebytes? Thank's again. Your forum is really nice btw , you guy's have an excellent response time.

I cannot recommend a general white listing of a browser.

Contrary to what you might have read, the Malwarebytes Browser Guard does a good job of protecting your browser.

You may run a scan with Malwarebytes for Windows  & then lets see the result.

Please do a new Scan on this machine, using Malwarebytes for Windows.

To run a Threat Scan, open Malwarebytes for Windows and click the blue Scan button.

Have patience during the run.

When the scan phase is done, be real sure you Review and have all detected lines items check-marked on each line on the left. That too is very critical.

Then click on Quarantine selected.

Then, locate the Scan run report;  export out a copy;  & then attach in with your  reply.

See https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038479194-View-Reports-and-History-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows-v4

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks