HMishkoff

Word (Grammarly)

Malwarebytes is not letting me load Word -- the problem seems to be with the Grammarly add-on to Word. (Error message attached.) Looking through the forum archives, I see that this has been an issue before -- but I can't determine if it's a known current issue because the forum's search function is not working. :(

Does this sound like a Malwarebytes problem or a Word/Grammarly problem? Is there a workaround, or do I just have to wait for somebody to fix the problem and issue an update?

Malwarebytes-Word-Grammarly.txt

I have the same problem starting this morning on my two computers each using Malwarebytes and Word.  I had to turn off "exploit protection" to use Word.  Any plans for a fix? 

Hi All,

I pushed out an exclusion to fix this. The blocks should stop in another hour or so. Thanks for reporting.

Also have this issue. Thanks for the update Arthi, that was fast! 

Subbed for reply notifications. 

Very impressed with the timely response.  Malwarebytes and Word/Grammarly are now in peaceful coexistence on both of my computers. 

3 hours ago, HMishkoff said:

We are having problems with the Outlook365 shutting down when trying to reply to an email that uses Grammarly.  When hit reply - grammarly tries opening and then Outlook shuts down.

Any help would be most appreciate.  

Hi CXEPO, 

Can you please share your logs from the affected machine ? Also just to isolate this issue to the Anti-Exploit module, can you turn off Exploit protection in the MB4 UI and see if you can still reproduce the issue.

Thanks.