MBAM and hijack this wont run

Hello, i was directed to place a new topic here, since i cant run either hijack this or mbam. mbam simply doesnt do anything when i click it; the timer icon comes up alongside the cursor, then cursor returns to normal, and nothing more happens. with hijack, i cannot install. the windows warning message comes up, and so i click run, but then nothing more happens, aart from the timer coming up for a while, then going bck to the arrow cursor.

Please help, i have no idea how to sort this out :-( .

Computer runs really slow, but there is also a process that appears loads and loads of times in task manager: qhemnkkibc.exe - i have no idea what this is, but might the two issues be related?

thanks in advance- H.

Hi, hectorius2008 B)

It is OK.

Read these instructions carefully.

Download GMER from Here. Note the file's name and save it to your root folder, such as C:\.

• Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
  • Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with this file.
  • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.
  • Double-click on the downloaded file to start the program. (If running Vista, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator")
  • Allow the driver to load if asked.
  • You may be prompted to scan immediately if it detects rootkit activity.
  • If you are prompted to scan your system click "No", save the log and post back the results.
  • If not prompted, click the "Rootkit/Malware" tab.
  • On the right-side, all items to be scanned should be checked by default except for "Show All". Leave that box unchecked.
  • Select all drives that are connected to your system to be scanned.
  • Click the Scan button to begin. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete)
  • When the scan is finished, click Save to save the scan results to your Desktop.
  • Save the file as Results.log and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.
  • Exit the program and re-enable all active protection when done.

GMER 1.0.15.15087 - http://www.gmer.net

Rootkit quick scan 2009-09-29 20:46:50

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

Running: 43bppso4.exe; Driver: C:\DOCUME~1\HECTOR~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\kfliqkow.sys

---- System - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Code 870EFF36 ZwEnumerateKey

Code 8702ECEE ZwFlushInstructionCache

Code 8717C125 IofCallDriver

Code 8717C245 IofCompleteRequest

Code 8702EDC5 ZwSaveKey

Code 87000E75 ZwSaveKeyEx

---- Devices - GMER 1.0.15 ----

AttachedDevice \FileSystem\Fastfat \Fat fltmgr.sys (Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager/Microsoft Corporation)

AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Ip avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)

AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Tcp avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)

AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Tcp fssfltr_tdi.sys (Family Safety Filter Driver (TDI)/Microsoft Corporation)

AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Udp avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)

AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Udp fssfltr_tdi.sys (Family Safety Filter Driver (TDI)/Microsoft Corporation)

AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\RawIp avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)

AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\RawIp fssfltr_tdi.sys (Family Safety Filter Driver (TDI)/Microsoft Corporation)

---- Services - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SKYNETqrmqruyy.sys (*** hidden *** ) [sYSTEM] SKYNETrfworswr <-- ROOTKIT !!!

Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\UACexrmoiqahc.sys (*** hidden *** ) [sYSTEM] UACd.sys <-- ROOTKIT !!!

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Hi there- this is the log from the gmer thing. and yeah, i can also see the skynet and uac prefixes flare up straight away from some background reading...damn.

but yes, this is the log, as asked for ;)

thanks,

H

GMER 1.0.15.15087 - http://www.gmer.net

Rootkit quick scan 2009-09-29 20:46:50

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

Running: 43bppso4.exe; Driver: C:\DOCUME~1\HECTOR~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\kfliqkow.sys

---- System - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Code 870EFF36 ZwEnumerateKey

Code 8702ECEE ZwFlushInstructionCache

Code 8717C125 IofCallDriver

Code 8717C245 IofCompleteRequest

Code 8702EDC5 ZwSaveKey

Code 87000E75 ZwSaveKeyEx

---- Devices - GMER 1.0.15 ----

AttachedDevice \FileSystem\Fastfat \Fat fltmgr.sys (Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager/Microsoft Corporation)

AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Ip avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)

AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Tcp avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)

AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Tcp fssfltr_tdi.sys (Family Safety Filter Driver (TDI)/Microsoft Corporation)

AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Udp avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)

AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Udp fssfltr_tdi.sys (Family Safety Filter Driver (TDI)/Microsoft Corporation)

AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\RawIp avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)

AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\RawIp fssfltr_tdi.sys (Family Safety Filter Driver (TDI)/Microsoft Corporation)

---- Services - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SKYNETqrmqruyy.sys (*** hidden *** ) [sYSTEM] SKYNETrfworswr <-- ROOTKIT !!!

Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\UACexrmoiqahc.sys (*** hidden *** ) [sYSTEM] UACd.sys <-- ROOTKIT !!!

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Hi there- this is the log from the gmer thing. and yeah, i can also see the skynet and uac prefixes flare up straight away from some background reading...damn.

but yes, this is the log, as asked for ;)

thanks,

H

Run GMER once again and delete the following files:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SKYNETqrmqruyy.sys

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\UACexrmoiqahc.sys

Right click on the following folders and disable these services:

UACd.sys

SKYNETrfworswr

Close GMER and click on Combo-fix.

From the contents of your post, it seems that you have been the victim of a Backdoor.Trojan

Backdoor.Trojan is a generic detection for a group of Trojan horse programs that open a back door and allow a remote attacker to have unauthorized access to the compromised computer.

Please refer to the following article.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10063

We wont ask a member to reformat the computer, but you should have that in mind. If you still making financial transactions with your computer, I would suggest you contact all financial institutions you deal with and change your password using another computer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

The fixes and advice in this thread are for this machine only. Do not apply the instructions from this thread to your own machine. Please start a new thread describing your issue and someone will be along to assist you.