tkmops

Malwarebytes causing bad sound?

If I 'exclude your torrent program from Web Protection', won't that let all those sites that are currently being blocked(I get Malwarebytes pop-up boxes that say that trojan IP's have been blocked), won't that let all those trojan sites through? Or, maybe I don't understand how 'Web protection actually works? 

Offtopic:

MB should implement an option like "hide notifications from selected programs", so, still blocking potential dangerous IPs but not spamming notifications all the time (I dont want to turn off notifications for everything, only selected programs)

Ontopic: " Is there a way to go back to the prior component package, for the time being, until your techs have a perm fix"

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/256852-malwarebytes-causing-bad-sound/?do=findComment&comment=1373458

I'm still using that version, without updating CV, only PV , and web protection on, still waiting for the fix on a new version.

image.png.d01366392860237c931ba831206b0b9c.png

38 minutes ago, tkmops said:

If I 'exclude your torrent program from Web Protection', won't that let all those sites that are currently being blocked(I get Malwarebytes pop-up boxes that say that trojan IP's have been blocked), won't that let all those trojan sites through? Or, maybe I don't understand how 'Web protection actually works? 

No it wont let them in. The only thing you have to worry about is the actual content downloaded.

It is the actual content and of course the legalities of such content.

The act of torrenting itself is not illegal. However, downloading and sharing unsanctioned copyrighted material is very much illegal, and there is always a chance of getting caught by the authorities.
Torrenting non-copyrighted material is perfectly fine and is allowed. In many Countries including the US the Government and ISP often work together to catch people distributing unsanctioned material.

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

No it wont let them in. The only thing you have to worry about is the actual content downloaded.

It is the actual content and of course the legalities of such content.

So, to confirm what you just said, I can 'exclude my torrent program from Web Protection', and it will still block those trojan IP's, but not display that fact via the pop-up boxes? 

Just now, tkmops said:

and it will still block those trojan IP's

Read my other post. Those ip's will not harm anything during torrenting. It is the content you are downloading...that can infect you.

13 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Read my other post. Those ip's will not harm anything during torrenting. It is the content you are downloading...that can infect you.

OK, thanks, just checking 

While we wait for the techs to provide a solution, I have two questions:

1) Would it be 'better'(meaning provides more protection) to..

A) roll-back to a prior version of Malwarebytes Premium, and leave web protection on, or

B) keep the current version, and turn web protection off?(my Chrome browser is already protected with your Browser Guard, WOT(web of trust), DisconnectMe, Ghostery, ScriptSafe, HTTPS Everywhere, Antiminer, and Password Checkup extensions.

2) Why, exactly, does turning on web protection increase IO cycles? If this has already been explained, can someone provide a link?

Thanks! 

With the browser extension you're better off with the latest version with Web Protection disabled, at least in my opinion.

OK, thanks! How will we know when a fix is in? Will it posted in this thread?

Yes, a member of the staff will most likely post in this and other threads with users impacted by this issue once a fix is released, though I would also recommend testing any time you receive a new version to see if the issue has been resolved because changes and fixes for other issues could inadvertently correct the issues you are experiencing as well (I've seen this happen tons of times where one intended issue gets fixed and the fix in the code ends up correcting some other seemingly unrelated issue that the Developers weren't even looking to fix at the time).

OK, thanks for your fast responses. When I see a available update, I'll install it, and post back with the results.

Same but more extensive issues on my end along with the audio issues, it is affecting video playback both through a browser or on the machine itself also causing hard stutters in any program that uses directX (but OpenGL look to be unaffected??) and also remote access programs like teamviewer and remotemouse have at least a 5 second delay while malwarebytes is running. 

mbst-grab-results.zip

36 minutes ago, WarRemains said:

Same but more extensive issues on my end along with the audio issues, it is affecting video playback both through a browser or on the machine itself also causing hard stutters in any program that uses directX (but OpenGL look to be unaffected??) and also remote access programs like teamviewer and remotemouse have at least a 5 second delay while malwarebytes is running. 

mbst-grab-results.zip 1.16 MB · 0 downloads

Greetings,

Are you able to eliminate all of the performance issues by disabling Web Protection?

Just downloaded and installed an update

current version:4.1.0.56, package 1.0.23104, component 1.0.875

Turned on 'web protection'(which has been off for a few weeks). 

Eh, bad sound came back in less than an hour.

15 minutes ago, tkmops said:

Turned on 'web protection'(which has been off for a few weeks). 

Eh, bad sound came back in less than an hour.

Turn on web protection, Delete all scheduled scans and restart and do not do any scans of any type for a few days and report back.

4 minutes ago, tkmops said:

Restart(reboot) my PC, or restart Malwarebytes?

The computer.

Hello, I have the same issue.

Sound is jerky when Malwarebyte is running.

I must shutdown malwarebyte to have clean sound.

I'm experiencing this same issue.  Malware Bytes service starts to consume CPU and my audio gets choppy.  If I turn Web Protection off and on it clear the issue for the remainder of my evening but is back the next day.  I'm on v4.1.0.56  Update 1.0.23580  Component 1.0.896

Hello @denisfou and @XREnder

Please try the following STEPS

STEP 1
Please do the following Uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

Please have lots of patience with the tool.  The first phase is a cleanup and does require a Windows Restart.
After the Restart, it may take 2 - 3 - 4 minutes till the Support tool screen shows up.   Please be patient and have faith.  Wait for it, whatever it takes.
The 2nd phase is where it offers to do a new Install.

Let us know if that clears up the issue or not.

If STEP 1 did not help then please restart the computer and  proceed to STEP 2 so that we can get logs to help us determine the cause

STEP 2
When the issue occurs, do you have a VPN or any other network filtering software enabled (besides Malwarebytes)?
Does this issue consistently present itself when Web Protection is enabled?
Does the issue occur when you are not using Bittorent, qBittorrent, or any other P2P torrent software?

We're in need of additional information to help narrow down the cause of this issue.
Part of this process will involve manually triggering a crash to obtain a memory dump, which will hopefully show what the Web Protection driver is doing to cause this issue. You can read more about this process here.

Once you've reproduced the issue and are actively experiencing it, force a crash by pressing the following keys at the same time: Left Ctrl+Left Alt+U+U.

After the machine has rebooted, you should find a memory dump named MEMORY.dmp in C:\Windows. Please zip this up and provide it to us.

Please follow the directions from the following topic:  Upload Malwarebytes Support Tool logs offline and upload that new log as well on your next reply

Thank you

Am I alone in thinking this Is this issue just connected to MSI onboard audio drivers?

How many people with this issue have an MSI motherboard? 

I do, a B75A-G43. But, I've had it for years with no issues, until Feb 2020, when the bad sound started. 

8 hours ago, thedillyo said:

Am I alone in thinking this Is this issue just connected to MSI onboard audio drivers?

How many people with this issue have an MSI motherboard? 

i have a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK Mother board

It seems it could be connected to the Realtek audio drivers then. My board, an MSI MEG Ace x570 has it, the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK motherboard has it and the B75A-G43 also has it. For now I'm going to get myself a new sound card and disable the Realtek device.