Help to remove MALWARE in Android 6.0

Good afternoon dear friends of MalwareBites.

I recently installed your excelent antimalware product in my BLUE DAHSH X2 smartphone with ANDROID 6.0.

A complete analysis was executed with the following results:

Three (3) critical elements or MALWARE, namely:

• Android / Adware.YeMobi.a

Android Communication Sync

• Android / PUP.Riskware.Autoins.Fota

FotaProvider

• Android / PUP.Riskware.Autoins.Fota

UpgradeSys

After the analysis, the option to DELETE SELECTED appears, but when I do, it indicates the following warning:

Disable system application

Android Communication Sync is a system application

and cannot be uninstalled.

Disable this application manually

and we will automatically add it to the white list.

Skip              Disable

If I select another, the following warning appears:

FotaProvider is a system application

Skip              Disable

And if I select the last one, the following message appears:

UpgradeSys is a system application

Skip                      Disable

The issue in this case is that I don't know if, by deactivating those applications manually and going to the white list, my Smartphone will stop working correctly, because obviously, I would be doing something wrong.

In this way, I need you to guide me about it. I am not an expert in these situations: I only operate my phone and I will not try something that could damage it. But with your advice, what will be done will be done.

I look forward to your observations and / or recommendations.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
removed personal information

Hello,

and welcome here.

Please read this carefully, and try it, ---->

...or wait for the experts, to help you.

PS: Please remove, your real Name, and email urgant !!!

MAM

Edited by MAM
1 hour ago, MAM said:

Hello,

and welcome here.

Please read this carefully, and try it, ---->

...or wait for the experts, to help you.

PS: Please remove, your real Name, and email urgant !!!

MAM

Dear MAM:
I do really appreciate your help in sending me that article. I red it three times and I am really convinced that I do not have the expertise as to do to so. 
But I can try. I am simply an normal Android user who is 68 years old. Still, I can try.
But I would rather wait for the experts. 
A step-by-step guide would work super. 
By the way, the Android Studio should be installed to the Smartphone, correct?
Let me see if I can do so, but I am really afraid I could damage the device.
Thanks my friend.

rllavane

Hello,

please wait here for the experts here in this issue.

I guess in the USA, ist to Day a public holiday. holiday, or feast....i am not also a native speaker of the american languages.

The reson, is this,

Please be calm, and paitient and wait for the experts here, to solve you out of the mess.

MAM

Edited by MAM

Hi @rllavane,

Unfortunately, the removal linked above is the best option we have right now.  You would install Android Studio onto a PC.  You will also need to install the Google USB Drivers onto a PC as well.  I apologize for the complexity of removal.  Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll assist the best I can.

Nathan

Dear Nathan, good morning here.
I really appreciate your concern regarding the removal issue on my Android. 

I must tell you Nathan that I am not so novice about these matters. I have been using email since 1988 and I have seen how the Internet grew together with its users. But I am not an expert in these tasks and especially when they require some technical knowledge.

So, if it is within your possibilities or within the possibilities of someone in the Forum who can help me, it is totally welcome.

Simply, could you establish step by step what I should do?.

And regarding that matter, let me tell you what I understand:

1. I must install the ANDROID STUDIO on my PC.
    • While I can procure that software on the network, is there a special rule to install it or just install it and now?
  2. I must also install GOOGLE USB DRIVERS on my PC.
    • What drivers are these? Are they BLU drivers or Google?
    • How do i install them? Is it a software to which one can follow instructions?
    • Is there a link to search for those drivers? And, more importantly, what are these drivers for?
  3. Then, should I follow the instructions of the ANDROID STUDIO software?

In this way, I only ask you the following:

1. Could you give me a simple step-by-step guide to do what I should do?
  2. Everything in the understanding that I am 68 years old, I am a lawyer; But I'm not a newbie in these situations. I can follow instructions and basically, I execute them well. And I firmly believe that I can do those tasks and any other, as long as I understand what should be done.

Please understand that, for you young people and experts, it is easy. But for me, it is not. But I firmly believe it is possible to do so.

I will be waiting your answers and recommendations.
Thank you in advance.
@rllavane

Hi @rllavane,

I can absolutely help you!  Answers in bold.

1. I must install the ANDROID STUDIO on my PC.
    • While I can procure that software on the network, is there a special rule to install it or just install it and now?

Yep, once downloaded from here, just go through the standard install process.

I must also install GOOGLE USB DRIVERS on my PC.

• What drivers are these? Are they BLU drivers or Google?
  • How do i install them? Is it a software to which one can follow instructions?
  • Is there a link to search for those drivers? And, more importantly, what are these drivers for?

These are generic drivers needed to plug a mobile device into a PC and run simple commands to the mobile device.  And yes, the easiest method to install is through Android Studio:

1. In Android Studio, click Tools > SDK Manager.
  2. Click the SDK Tools tab.
  3. Select Google USB Driver and click OK.

After all that is done, you'll need to set environment variables.  This is so you can run commands easily in later steps.  A guide to this is here.

Environment Variable path:  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\

Now, you need to turn USB Debugging on the mobile device.  Here's a guide for Android 6.0: How to Enable USB Debugging in Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow

From there, follow these instructions:

1. Plug mobile device into your PC
  2. In the mobile device’s notifications, tap “USB for…” and select Transfer files.
  3. Open Command Prompt on PC
  4. Use the following command to list all apps on the device and confirm existence of package name(s) com.adups.fota and/or com.adups.fota.sysoper
    1. adb shell pm list packages -f
      1. Easiest way is to copy/paste into text editor and search for com.adups.fota and/or com.adups.fota.sysoper
  5. STOP — Before the next steps, make sure to copy/paste the path of the apk somewhere in case you want to re-install; see Restoring apps onto the device below.
  6. Use the following commands to uninstall Adups
    1. adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.adups.fota
    2. adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.adups.fota.sysoper
      1. You should receive a Success after each command
      2. You can use adb shell pm list packages -f again to ensure the Adups apps are removed from the list

After you get this far, then we will proceed with removing Android/Adware.YeMobi.a as well.

Nathan

Nathan, good afternoon.

I inform you that I am installing the ANDROID STUDIO for a while. I have to wait, because the Internet service ias not working properly (se bellow...)

Yu must realize that I am in Venezuela and the Internet service here is not an easy matter to try and/or work. Still,  the ANDROID STUDIO SETUP WIZARD is working.

But, while the Setup is running, I must ask some of your communication.
You mentioned me,  in bold, the following:

- Plug mobile device into your PC
- In the mobile device’s notifications, tap “USB for…” and select Transfer files.

What do you mean by "USB for ..." is it an option on the phone?
 So far, ANDROID STUDIO SETUP is still running........😓😉😒

Then and only then, I will work on the commands indicated by you. 

Best regards.....

@rllavane

Hi @rllavane,

The notifications is the area of the phone were you see any type of notifications.  So like if you get a new email, it would pop up in your notifications.  When you have the phone plugged into the PC, there will be a notification to change USB settings.  It is by default set to Charging.  You will need to change the setting to Transfer files.  This needs to be done every time you unplug/plug the phone back into the PC.

I apologize that the setup is taking so long.

Nathan