ESET tags a TEMP file

went out last night.. just got home next day just now... eset home security premium detected a local/  tmp NSA nsw.tmp virus.. i cant find anything about it on google! HELP! what is this???

ill attach pic.. says its some service malwarebytes tried to access.. says it all in image. there still on pc some of the tmp files... .. diff ones with ns starting with that are in tmp folder,... ill add those too.. to attachments 

is this some government virus? my father does work for Department of defense... wondering if they hacked / are spying on me since we share same wifi etc as his government issued DOD LAPTOP at home.. and i talk  bad also  on... some higher ups LOL specially online

pleas help!  i posted same thing on eset forums 6 hours ago.. still hasn;t been approved for viewing by mods... can someone plz help im freaking what is this?

Edited by AdvancedSetup
corrected font issue

Hi.

The file that ESET has tagged is a .TMP file

That is one name used for TEMPORARY work files.

You can have ESET delete the temporary file named NSADF14.TMP

NO, it is not any "government file".   You need to look at  the full name of the temporary file.  It is just a coincidence that the 1st 3 characters are what they are.

ESET flagged this as a P U P   ( potential unwanted application).

But it is a TEMPORARY file.  all temporary files are fair game for outright deletion.

[ A  ]
Show all folders/files
What follows is a first step to have Windows 10 show all files and folder. Do not let this spook you out.
There is a how-to at Tenforums. Use either option one or two or three
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7078-turn-off-show-all-folders-windows-10-navigation-pane.html

[  B  ]

Get to a Elevated Command-prompt window:
If your pc runs on Windows 7 or 8, see https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/783-elevated-command-prompt.html

Otherwise, for Windows 10
Select the Windows key and X key together, from the xmenu select Command Prompt (Admin)

[  C  ]
Then COPY the entire following line ( as is )  and then Paste it onto the Coomand prompt 

del /s /q C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\temp\*.*

then tap the Enter-key.

Close the command-prompt-window when all done.

Let me know how this goes.

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks