Sign in to follow this  
KenM_KCS

Don't like email required to use Malwarebytes

The REAL question is NOT the automatic TRIAL, I know how to shut that off in 5 seconds! Its FORCING US TO GIVE UP OUR EMAIL!!!!! I have had MANY versions that kicked in the trial at install, and I just turned it off. But to FORCE us to enter our email, so MWB can send up SPAM, SELL our info, etc- That's TOO far. 

Greetings,

The Product team is aware of the issue with the installer.  It is one of the methods they decided to test for various installer flows and layouts.  That said, I'm not particularly fond of being forced to enter any information just to install a free application either so I definitely feel your pain and will pass on your comments to the Product team for consideration.

In the future it would generally be better to create your own new topic in this area if you have comments/suggestions/feedback for the Malwarebytes product as the Product team watches this area of the forums frequently in order to look through user feedback, however your comments will be much easier to locate if you create your own topic about your ideas/feedback etc. rather than responding to a much older topic like this.

Anyway, thank you for your feedback, and if you have any further suggestions, ideas, criticisms etc. please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks