tester1234

Malwarebytes Browser Guard vs malwarebytes premium

1) do i need Malwarebytes Browser Guard if i am using malwarebytes premium.

2) if Malwarebytes Browser Guard has any additional features, can it be integrated in malwarebytes premium in future version.

3) well as we had anti exploit feature integrated in malwarebytes premium, is malwarebytes thinking of integrating adwcleaner features also in malwarebytes premium.

conclusions.

Malwarebytes Browser Guard --> Malwarebytes premium

JRT --> Adwcleaner --> Malwarebytes Premium

at end we will have one stable malwarebytes premium product that has features of all the standalone products of other malwarebytes product. Is this possible in near future

14 minutes ago, tester1234 said:

1) do i need Malwarebytes Browser Guard if i am using malwarebytes premium.

I can answer this one. It does do more than the web protection in Malwarebytes premium.

Malwarebytes Browser Guard has to remain as a browser extension/add-on for its enhanced blocking capabilities to function, so at least from a core component perspective there is no way to integrate Malwarebytes Browser Guard into Malwarebytes Premium (the closest you could come would be for the installer to install the browser extension along with the rest of a Malwarebytes installation).  With that said, even if they did integrate it, I would hope that they would keep Malwarebytes Browser Guard available for the general public for free.

For ADWCleaner it is my understanding that because of some of the more specialized functions in ADWCleaner and because of its usefulness as a portable/semi-portable tool (something that can come in quite handy when dealing with an already infected system), they plan to maintain it as a separate product/utility, however I do not know from a low level, technical perspective if there are any particular detection capabilities in ADWCleaner which are not already accounted for in some way in the primary Malwarebytes scan/detection engine so aside from whatever defs ADWCleaner might have for items not explicitly detected by/targeted by Malwarebytes, I don't know what benefit integration would be since really we'd be losing a great standalone, portable scanner (which are a rare commodity these days it seems) and potentially adding some level of new PUP detections in Malwarebytes (again, assuming ADWCleaner is explicitly targeting anything outside of what Malwarebytes itself already does) so I don't necessarily like the trade-off there.

thanks @exile360 what i have seen that detection in terms of pup seems same in both malwarebytes and adwcleaner, the additional things in adwcleaner are resetting host file, browser and those things, from what the product is really meant to do is detecting pup, malwarebytes already has same features. Malwarebytes being a base/main product should have all the pup detection capability of what adwcleaner has. I am curious to know what the difference is. Can you tag someone from adwcleaner team or respective team which can provide more information on difference and detection.

additionally it would be great if browser guard extension will automatically be installed by malwarebytes standalone product, but though till now it has not caused any concern, but may be as an exception it may cause some concerns like both product do have website filtering option, so in turn will malwarebytes block the website first or the browser guard will block the website first. This can (again as exception) raise processor usage.

regards.

When Malwarebytes Browser Guard is installed it handles the redirects for all blocks inside browsers (the redirect to the block page), however whether the browser extension or the Web Protection component in Malwarebytes handles the actual block if both are capable of blocking the same site I am not certain, however I haven't noticed any issues with performance using both compared to using just one or the other, however the block/redirect in browsers for blocked sites does seem to be faster/snappier when the browser extension is installed so it may result in better performance having the browser extension installed, at least for browsing speed when items are blocked.

As for ADWCleaner vs Malwarebytes, I'm certain ADWCleaner detects some items that Malwarebytes does not, and obviously Malwarebytes detects many things that ADWCleaner does not however I don't believe anyone will provide any specific lists of threats or defs/signatures to compare the two.  I think of ADWCleaner as a handy standalone tool which is useful on systems where PUPs may be present and/or where the system is already infected to help in the cleanup process (along with scanning with Malwarebytes of course).  I do know that the ADWCleaner Product team has already stated that they plan to keep it separate from the main Malwarebytes program so they don't seem to keen on the idea of integration, at least for the moment.