Malwarebytes does stop to my uploads and downloads

The IP protection is not very friendly with P2P and file-sharing software, you can temporarily disable the IP Protection from the system tray.

In advance: thank you for reply!

I thought your own thing, but the problem is that I can not do it.

# But if I always disable, is this a serious problem?

I have found:

OP Protection: How do I disable this?

I wouldn't recommend disabling it, but if you must, you can do this by right clicking the MBAM tray icon, and unchecking "IP Protection".

Is this real protection? Because I must always disable this IP Protection.

I read the "FAQ Post" and the only thing that I found is: You advised not to disable the IP protection software.

But without this "IP Protection" I can use some p2p, if it's enabled I can not use.

My question is: Without the IP protection, Premium version is the same as Free version?

# In Italy Premium version is famous for "Real protection - activated " and I do a question: Is this the IP Protection?

@Iron,

I believe AdvancedSetup was referring to this:

Registry Switches for Controlling IP-Blocking in MBAM 1.41

Create the indicated registry value (labeled as key | value) with the indicated data and reboot to enforce the policies below. All of the values are of type DWORD. In order to create a registry value, open the Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> regedit), navigate to the key listed, and then right-click in the right-hand panel and choose New -> DWORD.

1) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware | silentipmode

Description: With a DWORD value of 1, the protection module will block and log IPs silently.

2) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware | startipdisabled

Description: With a DWORD value of 1, IP blocking will start disabled on reboot, although it can be enabled subsequently.

3) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware | disableipblocking

Description: With a DWORD value of 1, IP blocking will be permanently disabled (cannot be toggled).

Those registry values give you the option to change your IP protection feature by setting it to either block and log IPs silently, disable IP protection at start-up, or disable IP blocking all together. IP protection is indeed real protection as it shields you from malicious websites that can be malicious for a number of different reasons (warez, phishing, ads to name a few). There are still some differences between the paid and free version of MBAM outside of the IP protection feature; IP protection is a relatively new feature, which was introduced in version 1.40. With the paid version, you also get real-time protection from any malicious file that tries to execute, you have the ability to schedule quick scans and the ability to schedule updates automatically.

Hope that clarifies some things for you.

Thank for reply (is appreciate their coperation)!

# Then WITHOUT "Ip Protection" Premium is always best than Free version; it's that I want to Know.

# "regedit tricks" are alternative (or atuomatic) ways to use the software, I understand but for p2p IP Stop must be disabled (I'm sorry if I say the same words, but nowadays these soft. are very used)

I hope that in future Malwarebytes incudes an IP selection for every tpye of use.

Thanke you Man... thank to all Staff!!! :)

It's best depending on your needs. The real-time protection in the paid version of MBAM is a very good compliment to your antivirus program. Some may not need that additional protection or may use other products, making the free version of MBAM a better alternative by just using it as an on demand scanner.

The registry "tricks" that you mention were a quick way to fix some of MBAM user's frustrations with not being able to disable the IP protection. I believe the development team has plans to implement those options inside of the GUI in the future. It may take awhile as they have to get translations for a bunch of languages worldwide as I'm sure you are aware!

It's best depending on your needs. The real-time protection in the paid version of MBAM is a very good compliment to your antivirus program. Some may not need that additional protection or may use other products, making the free version of MBAM a better alternative by just using it as an on demand scanner.

The registry "tricks" that you mention were a quick way to fix some of MBAM user's frustrations with not being able to disable the IP protection. I believe the development team has plans to implement those options inside of the GUI in the future. It may take awhile as they have to get translations for a bunch of languages worldwide as I'm sure you are aware!

Best regards to you ...

My compliments for work, assistance and developing future!

I am enthusiastic user, but we would also expect a lot more time to see something more!

Goodbye! :)