Qbittorrent Trojan

I have use QBitTorrent in  the past.

I recently signed up for MalwareB Premium.

Just noticed that I am getting a lot of inbound trojan notifications.

There is some discussion about outbound trojans in the forum, but I am not sure if those people host files or not, I am just downloading.

So my question is. Are these inbound trojans real attacks? Should I exclude them and let them in?!

If they are real, what happened to them in  the past when they were not blocked. I never got viruses from torrents I downloaded.

Thanks

Example:

inbound.thumb.PNG.2d6169919cb83d2437326d06470a3639.PNG

8 minutes ago, JustforNow said:

So my question is. Are these inbound trojans real attacks? Should I exclude them and let them in?!

As for why Malwarebytes blocked QBitTorrent , this is because QBitTorrent , and all Bittorrent software, are what are known as Peer-to-Peer (P2P) applications meaning it connects to many different servers/IP addresses (this is how files are downloaded through QBitTorrent ) and because of this, sometimes QBitTorrent will connect to a server that is also known for hosting malicious content.  This is because servers/IP addresses are often shared by multiple sites, so while what you are downloading through QBitTorrent may be perfectly safe, some of the sites hosted on some of the IP addresses that QBitTorrent connects to may be malicious.  Such connections are not a threat however, and you may exclude QBitTorrent from the Web Protection component in Malwarebytes to stop the blocks from happening without compromising your protection (your web browser and other critical web facing programs will still be fully protected from malicious websites and other malicious content).  To do so, add QBitTorrent to your exclusions using the method described under the Exclude an Application that Connects to the Internet section of this support article.

File sharing involves using technology that allows internet users to share files that are housed on their individual computers. Peer-to-peer (P2P) applications, such as those used to share music files, are some of the most common forms of file-sharing technology. However, P2P applications introduce security risks that may put your information or your computer in jeopardy.  Risks of File-Sharing Technology

I hope this helps, and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.

Edited by Porthos

Thanks.

I think I understand.

These are not attacks, so in the future when I don't have the Premium MB and I am using the torrent program, no virus will get in that way.

I am a bit confused about having more than one site on the same I.P. address,  so good and bad together. Why would someone put good stuff on a domain that has bad stuff on it thus creating this situation that the site will be blocked.

I ran into this on the web today. MB blocked it, I read the cached version and it doesn't seem to bad, so .... I was gonna put that here and now I see it is not blocked.

?!?!?!

here is the site in case interested.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:KUCiRfHzIc4J:https://www.climatechangenews.com/2018/06/04/uk-taxpayer-support-fossil-fuel-industry-exposed-ahead-g7/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-b-d

• 6 months later...
On 2/9/2020 at 3:12 AM, Porthos said:

As for why Malwarebytes blocked QBitTorrent , this is because QBitTorrent , and all Bittorrent software, are what are known as Peer-to-Peer (P2P) applications meaning it connects to many different servers/IP addresses (this is how files are downloaded through QBitTorrent ) and because of this, sometimes QBitTorrent will connect to a server that is also known for hosting malicious content.  This is because servers/IP addresses are often shared by multiple sites, so while what you are downloading through QBitTorrent may be perfectly safe, some of the sites hosted on some of the IP addresses that QBitTorrent connects to may be malicious.  Such connections are not a threat however, and you may exclude QBitTorrent from the Web Protection component in Malwarebytes to stop the blocks from happening without compromising your protection (your web browser and other critical web facing programs will still be fully protected from malicious websites and other malicious content).  To do so, add QBitTorrent to your exclusions using the method described under the Exclude an Application that Connects to the Internet section of this support article.

File sharing involves using technology that allows internet users to share files that are housed on their individual computers. Peer-to-peer (P2P) applications, such as those used to share music files, are some of the most common forms of file-sharing technology. However, P2P applications introduce security risks that may put your information or your computer in jeopardy.  Risks of File-Sharing Technology

I hope this helps, and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.

sorry for bumping this topic but i have similar problem i just installed qbittorrent from official site and run the app and nothing is downloading and this threats was detected (all outbound connections) hmmm

-Dane strony WWW-
Kategoria: Trojan
Domena:
Adres IP: 203.80.119.166
Port: 40083
Typ: Wychodzące
Plik: C:\Program Files\qBittorrent\qbittorrent.exe

-Dane strony WWW-
Kategoria: Narażony
Domena:
Adres IP: 77.40.2.1
Port: 9264
Typ: Wychodzące
Plik: C:\Program Files\qBittorrent\qbittorrent.exe

1 hour ago, Paszu said:

sorry for bumping this topic but i have similar problem i just installed qbittorrent from official site and run the app and nothing is downloading and this threats was detected (all outbound connections) hmmm

The advice you quoted is you answer as well.