AngrySinner

Infected? Machine is running Slow

Hello @AngrySinner and :welcome:

The good news is the logs do not indicate any real infection on the system. The bad news is the computer is very old and running a lot of old software. I say it's old but the installation shows it was from 2018-11-26 so not that old but some of the software being run is from 2013 or older, etc.

My advice would be to do some generic clean up maintenance and uninstall software you no longer want, need, use, etc. Remove as much as possible from the startup in the registry and startup groups, etc.

If you'd like help with that please let me know and we can look at doing that.

Cheers

5 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @AngrySinner and :welcome:

The good news is the logs do not indicate any real infection on the system. The bad news is the computer is very old and running a lot of old software. I say it's old but the installation shows it was from 2018-11-26 so not that old but some of the software being run is from 2013 or older, etc.

My advice would be to do some generic clean up maintenance and uninstall software you no longer want, need, use, etc. Remove as much as possible from the startup in the registry and startup groups, etc.

If you'd like help with that please let me know and we can look at doing that.

Cheers

Yes, if you could help, that would be great.  I've never felt comfortable poking around the registry.

Thanks again!

Okay, let's start out by having you run the following

Create an Autoruns Log:

• Please download Sysinternals Autoruns from here.
  • Save Autoruns.exe to your desktop and double-click it to run it.
  • Once it starts, please press the Esc key on your keyboard.
  • Now that scanning is stopped, click on the Options button at the top of the program and select Verify Code Signatures
  • Once that's done press the F5 key on your keyboard, this will start the scan again, this time let it finish.
  • When it's finished, please click on the File button at the top of the program and select Save and save the Autoruns.arn file to your desktop and close Autoruns.
  • Right click on the Autoruns.arn file on your desktop and hover your mouse over Send To and select Compressed (zipped) Folder
  • Attach the Autoruns.zip folder you just created to your next reply

Here you go.  I can see a couple of things I know can go--McAfee is like herpes--it just won't go away.  And the Wondershare stuff can go as well.  Lord only knows what else is going on in there.

thanks!

WINDOWS-MFTGFIS.zip