License issue

Hello everyone,

Anti-Malware's license asks us to agree to:

"1. Not to use this software for commercial use without proper licensing."

My question: Commercial Use means just distributing and selling or using it in my company too?

Example: Installing it on my company's laptop to remove malware.

Thanks.

I believe you'd have to buy a corporate license for something like that in order to comply with their License Agreement.

Here's some info from their Corporate License page:

Thank you for your interest, we offer significant discounts for our corporate customers. Whether you represent a computer repair service, a large corporation looking to protect many computers, or a non-profit organization, please fill out the form below to get your special pricing. Completed forms will be prioritized, so please include your name, phone number, email, company and the number of licenses you are inquiring about, alternatively you can email us at corporate@malwarebytes.org. Each corporate license does requires an annual renewal fee. We typically respond to requests in 24 to 48 business hours.

Completed web request forms and emails with domains from actual businesses (.org, .gov or .edu inquiries are also included in this group) will be prioritized for responses over anonymous emails such as yahoo, gmail, msn, etc.

Hope this helps

• Staff
Hello everyone,

Anti-Malware's license asks us to agree to:

"1. Not to use this software for commercial use without proper licensing."

My question: Commercial Use means just distributing and selling or using it in my company too?

Example: Installing it on my company's laptop to remove malware.

Thanks.

Hi.

Commercial use means using it in any environment other than a home user. So any type of business, corporate, non-profit(educational, religious others) use is forbidden. Ditto for computer repair shops, they have access to a technicians version.