MB4 v1.0.810

Firefox

Hi Firefox--

I know there's been some confusion around this recently, so hopefully I can clarify.

There are a couple of different types of component package updates that we regularly release.

1. Standard component package updates that include a release announcement in our main Malwarebytes for Windows support forum, specifically tracked on this thread. These will typically include new protection enhancements and SDKs, occasional new features, defect fixes, performance improvements, etc. The changes included in these updates will be seen by and available to all users who have those updates (or later version).
  2. Beta component package updates -- these are basically exactly the same as above, but the early beta versions. These are also always announced (currently on this thread) and changes included in those updates are seen by anyone who has opted into the beta release track and who's pulled down that version.
  3. Then the final type of component package update is one that builds off the updates in #1, but includes functionality that is only seen by a very small number of users, usually randomly selected. We don't announce the changes or provide detail about what's included, as it could cause confusion since vast majority of users will never even see that functionality. The types of changes in these updates though could include slightly different user interface flows, different behavior or images in business environments or any number of other minor differences from our main version (main version is normally the previously released update from #1). 

We are working on a better way of handling this so people don't have to worry about all the different versions out there, but in the meantime, if there's no announcement, then it falls into the #3 category.

So long story short, there's nothing to announce about the 1.0.810 package--majority of new users getting it will see exact same functionality as provided in our last 1.0.804 package.

Hope that helps! 

Edited by bdubrow

Hi,

Thanks for the info; I'm now also on this component package.

As this is a final version (not beta), shouldn't this topic be moved to the main Malwarebytes for Windows Support forum ?

Just thinking ... 

Edited by throkr
typo

13 hours ago, throkr said:

As this is a final version (not beta), shouldn't this topic be moved to the main Malwarebytes for Windows Support forum ?

810 is not final it came out today

I am always on the beta channel so I never know for sure.

Edited by Porthos

On 1/28/2020 at 5:32 PM, bdubrow said:

So long story short, there's nothing to announce about the 1.0.810 package--majority of new users getting it will see exact same functionality as provided in our last 1.0.804 package.

I just got this update as well. I appreciate that you guys keep the product updated but I'm definitely not a fan of MBAM application and component updates without release notes. 😲

Remember, this is probably the most important 3rd party application most of us will install on our computers so I'm not really comfortable with "mystery" updates being applied to such a critical component of my computer's security. I assume that 1.0.810 must do something different from 1.0.804. Why not announce it?