Cannot activate protection on iMac

I was running Malwarebytes Premium 4.0.30 on an iMac running ios Catalina 10.15.2. When I opened Malwarebytes, I got this message: "You're not fully protected. Real-Time Protection is disabled until you allow the system to load Malwarebytes system extensions." I went through the steps required to activate protection and nothing changed. Since it's impossible, evidently, to contact a support person via chat, phone, or any other way, I was so annoyed that I removed the app from my Mac. Now I'm left wondering why this app is so highly rated, and how I can get my money back. If there's anyone out there who actually is an employee for Malwarebytes, I'd appreciate hearing from you. This has been nothing but a nightmare.

This forum is dedicated to Malware Removal, so you should have posted in the "Malwarebytes for Mac Support Forum" for most fastest attention from the right people. I doubt you will hear from a staff member before Monday, but I'll try to help in the meanwhile.

The proper way to contact a support person is to open a ticket by filling out the form at the bottom of the Home user's Contact Support page.

Although a handful of users have run into problems with the new restrictions imposed by Apple with Catalina for all applications that require system extensions, most of us have not. Full installation instructions for version 4 can be found here Download and install Malwarebytes for Mac v4. In your case skip down to Step 14.

Please get back to me if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated links