LunarMalachi

Excessively large log file

I had a iMac that was having an issue with a lack of drive space. we found that the malwarebytes log located at private/var/log/com.malwarebytes.endpointAgent.log was 80 Gbs. What would cause this?
It was an installation of malwarebytes for business installed by Jamf.

Greetings,

Thank you for reporting this issue.  I will be sure to notify the Product team in case they are unaware of it and need to investigate further.  In the meantime a member of Malwarebytes Support may chime in if they have specific details about this issue as well as any known solutions or workarounds.

You may also contact Malwarebytes Business Support to receive priority service which you are entitled to as a business customer by filling out the form on the bottom of this page.

Hi @LunarMalachi,

I have seen a few cases of 3rd party install utilities causing log loops and filling up different log files. I'd suggest uninstalling that machine, then manually installing with a fresh package downloaded from your Cloud Console. Let me know if that gets it working for you or if you continue to have trouble!

Just had this happen to a user's Mac as well. Deleted the file but will reinstall if it recurs.