Hishighness

My internet is acting strangely

Hello all, I have a strange problem. I'm not sure if it's malware but I figured better be safe rather than sorry.

For the last few days whenever I try to connect to a website for the first time since starting chrome I get this error message. I tried Edge as well to see if it's a chrome only problem and it did the same thing in Edge.

This site can’t be reached The connection was reset. Try:

Checking the connection Checking the proxy and the firewall Running Windows Network Diagnostics ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Also if I try to connect to a site for the first time with other applications too the same thing happens. For example I stream on twitch and when I open streamlabs OBS I have notifications and overlays that come from streamlabs' site. They won't work until I go into my browser and visit that site and reload with F5.

There are two things that happened recently that I can think of that may be causing it. #1 I installed a twitch chat program called Chatty. I've used this program before without issue but this time when I went to install windows popped up the warning screen saying it could be a threat. I checked the website and it was the correct chatty website and I've used this program before so I installed anyway.

The other thing is I installed a new router, but this was a couple weeks ago and I haven't had any problem until now, but I figured I'd mention it anyway.

Also I tried to use the forums at techsupport.com and when I went to upload a .txt attachment as they ask you to do I got this error message from cloudflare

Why have I been blocked? This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data.

I'm not 100% sure if it is malware, I've tried the native windows Virus scanner and malwarebytes and neither found anything. So it may not be. But obviously I want to be sure.

Addition.txt FRST.txt Malwarebytes.txt

Hi,   :welcome:

My name is Maurice.

I suggest to do what follows with the goal being to help insure the internet Winsock is properly set.

Before you start on this, be sure to Save any open work files & such and close those apps.   this will involve a Windows Restart.

Start NOTEPAD { you can press Windows-key+R keys to get the RUN option
and then type in

NOTEPAD.exe

and press Enter key to start NOTEPAD.

Check and make sure "word wrap" is off. 
From Notepad main menu bar, Select F (format) and make sure Word Wrap is NOT checked.
IF it -is- checkmarked, click that one time so that it is un-checked.

Please copy/paste the lines below to Notepad:

@Echo on
pushd\windows\system32\drivers\etc
attrib -h -s -r hosts
echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
attrib +r +h +s hosts
popd
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ip reset resetlog.log
shutdown -r -t 1
del %0

now Save as flush.bat to your desktop.
RIGHT-click flush.bat file & select RUN As Administrator  & Reply YES when prompted by Windows & allow it to proceed.   

Your computer will reboot at the end.

Good morning.   Thanks for the news.

Take your time, one at a time, test Edge, Chrome, Firefox.

Also you may to a test using the Windows PING command applet.

Press Windows-key and hold and tap the X key  and then tap A key  to get a Elevated Command Prompt ( Admin ).

Then type in

ping google.com

& tap Enter key.   Note the results.

Then type in

ping microsoft.com

& tap Enter key.   Note the results.

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks