marioluna

MBAMService Folder Size

Hi, 
Our TerminalServer has MalwareBytes Installed. Since Dec, the folder located in c:\programdata\MalwareBytes\MBAMService growns to 15GB consuming a lot of space. It seems that every user that logs in it does create a temp file however the size of some of those files are very big and keep being acumulated. 

We have been deleting all S-1-5-21 * files that are created but we would like to find a fix for this issue. 

Regards

Inkedfolder size_LI.jpg

Greetings,

I believe those files are backups of all of the user and system registry hives for the system.  They are used when Malwarebytes is scanning and also I believe when it first loads protection, however I believe it is supposed to clean them up automatically however I have seen instances where it did not and the files stacked resulting in the behavior you describe.

I will make a note of this issue for the Product team for analysis as it may be a bug.  In the meantime we will wait for someone from the staff to chime in as they will likely have a more definitive answer.

Thanks

Thank you. 

Brilliant.  Thank you...

Forgot to mention that  product has already been re-installed.  🙂 

Cheers

Hi @marioluna,

@exile360 is correct, those should have been automatically deleted upon completion of a scan. In instances that they aren't, we usually see scans are failing. Are you by chance, running rootkit scans on that terminal server? If so, you may want to deselect that option for the server's schedule. I have seen rootkit scans cause this issue on occasion, they should only be run when rootkits are suspected on a machine. Let me know if that resolves the issue for you or if you continue to have trouble!