com7fy8

OS X Yosemite not compatible for updates . . .

I keep getting update notices, but then it says my Mac is not compatible with the update, but I am not given any recommendations about what to do. 

And my Malwarebytes service keeps saying I am being scanned and do not have any problems.

A Mac tech recommended I get this service, but did not say anything about getting incompatible updates. 

So, I am curious what service I am getting and if there is anything I should be doing. 

Thanks 😊

Bill

Please check the Knowledge based articles on macOS version and its compatibility with Malwarebytes for Mac.

Malwarebytes home products and macOS compatibility

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated links

Thank you @alvarnell

I looked at the page, but it is not clear how it applies to me. 

My Mac is OS X Yosemite, and it says Version 10.10.5

On the page I see >

OS X Yosemite 10.10 - macOS Catalina 10.15 > then under "Versions" it says v3.9.32 > and next it tells how to install version 3

Is this where my Version 10.10.5 fits in? I looked to see what my Malwarebytes server is called, but there is no mention of a version 3 or any other; it just says I am protected.

I have already installed what is called Premium protection, and it says I am protected. 

So, do I already have a version which does protect me, but it can't be upgraded? 

Thank you 😊

Bill

4 minutes ago, com7fy8 said:

So, do I already have a version which does protect me, but it can't be upgraded? 

Yes you are stuck on MB for mac ver 3. You can not install ver 4.

Thank you @Porthos >

So, then > it looks like I have version 3 MB protection.

But, like I said, I get told that updates are not compatible, and I think they mean for my computer.

Possibly these updates are for another MB version.

So, I am curious > can my Mac system receive updates of version 3? 

And is there something I should be doing to get better protection, please?

Thank you 😊

Bill

27 minutes ago, com7fy8 said:

I looked to see what my Malwarebytes server is called, but there is no mention of a version 3 or any other; it just says I am protected.

Technically, it’s your Malwarebytes client, not server, but in any case you will find the version by selecting “About Malwarebytes...” from the Malwarebytes menu when the app is opened.

2 minutes ago, com7fy8 said:

can my Mac system receive updates of version 3?

Yes, should such updates ever become necessary. You will also continue to receive definition update upon release, which is approximately daily, but dependent on when new malware is found.

Hi @com7fy8,

4 hours ago, com7fy8 said:

But, like I said, I get told that updates are not compatible, and I think they mean for my computer.

Yes, you are are correct. We are aware of it and this is a minor bug which our team is working to fix it.

For now, if you have 3.9.32 version installed on Yosemite (which is the highest program version it will support),  please ignore the upgrade notifications.

Note: The application will still fetch protection updates as in latest version.

On 1/22/2020 at 7:28 PM, alvarnell said:

Please check the Knowledge based articles on macOS version and its compatibility with Malwarebytes for Mac.

Malwarebytes home products and macOS compatibility

Hello

The link provided is broken

What is my option for a very old computer running OS X 10.9 Mavericks in order to scan it using  Malwarebytes?

Thanks

Camelia

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated links

On 2/8/2020 at 12:41 AM, candylovergirl said:

What is my option for a very old computer running OS X 10.9 Mavericks in order to scan it using  Malwarebytes?

Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated links