Conexion21

Kaspersky 2020 version issues, incompatibility and more.

Hi, I have problems with compatibility between Malwarebytes 4 version and the new Kaspersky 2020 version.

The problems are most all of bugs, crashes and freezing softwares. Interent browser and others.

I made a Malwarebytes Support Tool and FRST scan, and attached here the results.

Have nice Day.

mbst-grab-results.zip

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes for Windows Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column

mbst_get_started.jpg

7. Click the Gather Logs button

mbst_advanced_gather_logs.jpg

8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

mbst_getting_logs.jpg

9. Upon completion, a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be found on your Desktop. Click OK

mbst_log_saved_desktop.jpg

10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:

notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Just now, Conexion21 said:

Hi, I have problems with compatibility between Malwarebytes 4 version and the new Kaspersky 2020 version.

You have 2 choices.

Revert to Version 19 of Kaspersky.

Go thru a lot of exclusion and adjustments to both MB and Kaspersky to get them to work together until Kaspersky and MB find and fixes the issue.

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

You have 2 choices.

Revert to Version 19 of Kaspersky.

Go thru a lot of exclusion and adjustments to both MB and Kaspersky to get them to work together until Kaspersky and MB find and fixes the issue.

I cant go back to an older version of Kaspersky, he automaticly update to the lastes one.

I disable for the moment the start up option of malwarebytes and run scan manually and then close it, because if they both run at the same time  the internet connection fails, the web browsers fails, the windows explorer menu fails, and everything symple goes wrong.

I have reinstalled, and delete malwarebytes and kaspersky too, i have run separatly, and the problem is when the two of them are running from the beggining of the W10 system.

thank you to your respond and time for read my issues.

8 minutes ago, Conexion21 said:

I cant go back to an older version of Kaspersky, he automaticly update to the lastes one.

You can but since I do not use it I can not give you the instruction on how to block the update. @Maurice Naggar I think has those instructions handy.

You may wish to revert back to the 3.8.3 version while we continue to analyze what is causing this issue.

Use the support tool  to uninstall and after the restart click NO when it asks to install the current version.

The current KB articles will help you to set version 3.x from updating to 4.x for now

Constant upgrade notifications in Malwarebytes for Windows v3
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2465

Turn off upgrade notifications in Malwarebytes for Windows v3
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2142

MB3.x download link This is 3.8.3
https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3-windows-legacy

Reverting to Kaspersky version 19 is one path to take.  Kaspersky Version 19  can co-exist with Malwarebytes 4 Premium.

Here is what to do once one has Kaspersky 19  in place.

The way to manage the Kaspersky (future ) upgrade is this:

Start Kaspersky.   Click Settings icon.

Click on "Additional"  from the list.

Click "Update".

Tick  ( select / click ) the 2nd line which is "Do not download new version automatically and do not notify me when they are available"

Apply the adjustment.   Close the window.

thank you all, I will revert the update from 2020 to 2019, now i can continue like this, and YES, 19 version can co-exist with MB4. All the problem beggun when the kaspersky upgraded to 20 version. Before that everything was easy.

Thank you for the help.. 

I hope my info help anyone who came with the same problems that i had.

13 minutes ago, Conexion21 said:

thank you all, I will revert the update from 2020 to 2019...

If I can find the way to do it. Until now looks imposible.

1 hour ago, Conexion21 said:

I did it. And run perfectly

Do not forget this part

Here is what to do once one has Kaspersky 19  in place.

The way to manage the Kaspersky (future ) upgrade is this:

Start Kaspersky.   Click Settings icon.

Click on "Additional"  from the list.

Click "Update".

Tick  ( select / click ) the 2nd line which is "Do not download new version automatically and do not notify me when they are available"

Apply the adjustment.   Close the window.

Reporting back in, still monitoring these threads related to MB 4.0 and Kaspersky 2020 incompatibility and appreciate the efforts of those using this forum to try to work around the issues and also to share their specific efforts.  Especially would like to commend Maurcie and Porthos for the information that they provide.

I reverted to MB 3.8.3. on December 4, 2019 while still running the latest Kaspersky 2020 version with updates - now on Rev G.  I did disable the Ransomware module on MB (which I had done prior to this latest conflict anyway) and disabled automatic updates to Malwarebytes.  This "fix" option has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum and has worked fine for me.  Absolutely NO issues in over 7 weeks of use with MB 3.8.3, Kaspersky 2020, Firefox and other browsers, Thunderbird, etc.

I have a three-year Kaspersky license with almost all of the time remaining so not going to give it up.  I have a lifetime license for Malwarebytes (I'm an old-timer I guess!) so ditto on MB.

I'm not assessing any "blame" since Kaspersky 2020 works fine as long as the upgrade from MB 3.8.3. to 4.0 isn't applied and MB 4.0 works fine as long as Kaspersky upgrade from 2019 to  2020 isn't applied.  Sure am anxious for a real solution though so I can get the latest updates for both of these fine programs and turn MB Ransomware protection back on.

Thanks again................Jim

Hi all,

We have investigated this issue and believe we have a fix that addresses the root cause. The fix is now available in the latest version of the standalone Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta. 

We plan to make this available for Malwarebytes version 4 in an upcoming release. An announcement will be made on the forum once an update for this issue is released. 

Thank you for your continued feedback and understanding.

Hi,  Can you let us know which release will have the fix and when it will be released. I have been running my MBAM without ransomware protection since (it seems forever) waiting for this to be resolved. I am not checking the forums every day as I have a life outside of Malwarebytes and Kaspersky so was to diarise when I can put the Ransomware back on.

Thanks

Paul

51 minutes ago, smipx013 said:

Hi,  Can you let us know which release will have the fix and when it will be released. I have been running my MBAM without ransomware protection since (it seems forever) waiting for this to be resolved. I am not checking the forums every day as I have a life outside of Malwarebytes and Kaspersky so was to diarise when I can put the Ransomware back on.

Thanks

Paul

Same here and in addition Web protection is also disabled due to the error : "resolving host". In that regard I better start Mbam the latest  after Thunderbird and Chrome otherwise the issue of resolving host is back, even with Web protection OFF, good that the Browser guard is probably doing the same !

Somehow this is not right having to give up available protection since begin November 2019, that's a very long time. 

Just so you know, there has yet not been a specific change for Kaspersky 2020 in the Malwarebytes 4.

Keep monitoring the top pinned topics at the very top of this sub-forum for new MB4 releases.

As LiquidTension noted just above, you may turn off the Ransomware protection in MB4  and then install the beta Anti-ransomware which is doing a good job.

Once a fix is available in MB4, you can then uninstall the beta anti-ransomware.

See more on the Beta Anti-ransomware    https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/211708-latest-version-mbarw-beta-v-0918807-build-278-released-feb-5-2020/

Cheers.

Hello,

I tried to install the Beta anti ransomware but got a warning that it is not compatible with a product already installed, I have ransomware protection OFF in MBAM. The provided link to the download link is warning for the incompatibility but only for the free Mbam, not the Premium one.

Still, even if I quit malwarebytes I cannot install the beta anti-ransomware. 

I'll certainly keep monitoring the forum as I did for a long time already, hoping for a solution.

Thank you for your reply.

3 hours ago, arleetel said:

Hello,

I tried to install the Beta anti ransomware but got a warning that it is not compatible with a product already installed, I have ransomware protection OFF in MBAM. The provided link to the download link is warning for the incompatibility but only for the free Mbam, not the Premium one.

Still, even if I quit malwarebytes I cannot install the beta anti-ransomware. 

I'll certainly keep monitoring the forum as I did for a long time already, hoping for a solution.

Thank you for your reply.

The standalone Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware cannot be installed on a machine with Malwarebytes already installed.

On 2/19/2020 at 12:11 PM, smipx013 said:

Hi Paul, I certainly understand the frustration. Unfortunately, we do not have any information to share at this current time. As soon as we do, a post will be made on the forum.

@LiquidTension : thanks for the info and follow up.

Your post dated January 29th gave me hope for a solution.

Hi all,

Would like to share my experiences since upgrading to KIS (Kaspersky Internet Security) 2020. Did it unfortunately on 2 PCs (Workstation & laptop, both HP, both W10 v 1909) while MBAM version 4.0.4. premium has been installed (and still is installed). All problems described by @Conexion21 appeared and more. Parallely I´m using another PC (also W10 v 1909) but with former KIS 2019 - and it runs without any problems while both scanners KIS and MBAM run real time! So I did a new setup (not fully) of my laptop by proper deinstalling KIS 2020, cleaning it by Regitry First Aid 11(to be really sure that KIS 2020 didn´t leave any Registry marks) and using the full installer of KIS 2019 - and the laptop runs very well again since then.

So for me it´s pretty clear: all new Kaspersky versions 2020 cause these conflicts. Posted this issue also on the Kaspersky forum but didn´t get any reply from the KL moderators up to now. See therefore

https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-total-security-14/malwarebytes-compatibility-merged-3064/index2.html#post36069

https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-free-for-windows-72/compatability-with-malwarebytes-pro-2874

Some hints for those who need to re-install KIS or other KL products v 2019:

- For re-installing you will need the full installer .exe of the KL products 2019 or 2018 which is between 150 and 165 MB (maybe depending upon which language you´re using). To get the link use the 1st link above and scroll down to the post of @FLOOD of 22 Feb. 2020 (it´s not possible to copy and paste the full URL here; don´t know why).

- Before re-installing KL-product 2019 you should install MBAM in the latest version (and do a proper de-installing of KL 2020). During installing KL product v 2019 or former the warning of a conflicting program being "Malwarebytes V3.x" will appear. You should ignore this message by deactivating the conflict message (nothing serious will happen if you do so) and go ahead. (By the way: the workstation mentioned above was brand new and never ever MBAM v 3.x was installed before. But the same conflict message appeared, so I´m wondering what KIS would like to de-install if the conflict message is set to "active")

- After completion of installing KL product 2019 immediately deactivate the automatic upgrade function of Kaspersky within the KL settings / Additional / update-settings (=> "Do not download new versions automatically ...").

- Probably the 1st patch version of KL 2019 will be installed by using the full KL installer which is of course patch a version. Run a regular Database Update (not to be confused with the version upgrade before), and all further patches will be installed automatically (for KIS 2019 it´s patch k or later).

- Updating databases and application mudules can (and should) be set to "automatically". On my PCs in this combi of settings all work fine, as well as running both scanners KL and MBAM in real time mode.

- You are able to use your regular KL licence as well as the adequate activation on your KL account after re-installing KL v 2019 (do not know whether this will work too if you´re using a KL product 2020 for the very 1st time).

- Until the described issues caused by KL 2020 versions will not be fixed by KL itselfe I cannot recommend to use the KL 2020 versions.

To support MalwareBytes (no, I´m not an employee of Malwarebytes, I´m not related to it and I do not get any provisions for my post, unfortunately) because you like MBAM like I do please post as any messages you can on the according Kaspersky forum resp. their Malwarebytes threads (actually 2) - only then KL maybe will see that they have to change their unfriendly policy of disability of unwelcome concurrence (please note that MBAM is not a concurrence but a useful protection supplement !!!).

Hope this post will help all those who have problems with KL 2020 products while using MBAM. (Myself I lost days by days by figuring the conflicting app and solving all problems out.)

Best

Malwarebytes Components Update: 4.1.0.56 version 1.0.854 addresses Certain Ransomware protection incompatibilities with Kaspersky

This release includes, along with other things, the fix for Kaspersky, iTunes and Photoshop

If your PC is already on Version 4  ( regular or beta) you will be updated to it automatically as long as automatic updates are enabled. If you have temporarily disabled them then please enable them to allow this update.

The original Kaspersky conflict issue was due to a change made by Kaspersky on their Antivirus 20.0.14.1085(patch E) programs. As their change was causing issues for our users we took it upon ourselves to work on developing a workaround for this conflict.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 20 version 20.0.14.1085 was released on July 24, 2019
Patch E for Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 20.0.14.1085 was released on October 23, 2019 which is when the issue was first reported to us.
Patch I for Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 20.0.14.1085 was released on February 18, 2020 and is the latest at the time of this posting on 2020-03-19

Please note that although our update works around this issue, at any time in the future another update from Kaspersky could once again potentially create another conflict. This applies to most other security software as well since we do not have control over what other security program changes other vendors make. On Windows 10 the built-in Microsoft Windows Defender has consistently worked pretty well alongside Malwarebytes when enabled for quite a while now for those that have chosen to use it.

Posted (edited)

Thank you all, the staff and support members and any others who helped me and the community also, to solve this problem. I'm glad for purchase MBA, since then I always be so safe and secure using my machines in to the internet with out worries trusting in MBA. Thanks to all. 

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Removed unneeded quote

After a couple of months of only using Malwarebytes for occasional scans (with Kaspersky paused), yesterday I updated two PCs to the new CU 1.0.854, turned on Ransom Ware Protection and set both to start Malwarebytes with Windows to test the fix. So far so good - no problems. I will report any problems if they occur. Thanks for getting the fix released. Kaspersky Total Security 20.0.14.1085 (i).