Malwarebytes - causing programs to run slowly

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi there Porthos and LightningX

My issues as detailed in this thread are still not sorted. I'm now into another year's subscription and still having to run without Web protection or Ransomware Protection. Only half a product!

12 minutes ago, pnoelw said:

My issues as detailed in this thread are still not sorted. I'm now into another year's subscription and still having to run without Web protection or Ransomware Protection. Only half a product!

You also have the option of reverting to an earlier component package version, which will allow you to keep Web Protection enabled.
You can download this from here: https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/z6cravnwptrzx5tyjw36jq6zt6c7apsx

Once installed, you will need to disable the two update options found in Settings -> General -> Application updates to prevent the product from updating back to the affected version.

I suggest using the following clean install guide.

Please do the following Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

Please have lots of patience with the tool.  The first phase is a cleanup and does require a Windows Restart.
After the Restart, it may take 2 - 3 - 4 minutes till the Support tool screen shows up.   Please be patient and have faith.  Wait for it, whatever it takes.
The 2nd phase is where it offers to do a new Install. Say no and use the download from my above link and install the old version and disable the update before you do anything else.

Thanks for the suggestion Porthos. Unfortunately, I don't know how far back to go. My issues have been ongpoing since around October/November last year - probably v3, but i can't be sure. Going back to v3 would i'm sure cause other issues (Windows, etc) and be a real retrograde step. I first reported to this forum in January this year.

Your link is for 4.0.4.49. Any idea when that was? I was already using 4.0.4 when I first reported in January.

Regards

Hello @pnoelw   

If I may chime in ..... Would you consider having the Malwarebytes Beta 4.1.1.71 ?

Its worth a try.  The 4.1.1.71   has fixes and improvements.   The developers have put in a lot of work over the past several weeks.

Malwarebytes Beta update 4.1.1.71 component package 1.0.931   is the latest one.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/257042-malwarebytes-41-beta/?do=findComment&comment=1384494