(Chrome) browser guard crashes

1 hour ago, navymomkav said:

My MWB (Chrome) browser guard crashes everyday. How do I fix this?

I would do an uninstall and reinstall and restart the computer in between.

What OS are you using it in?

I uninstalled and restarted, but how do I reinstall? I'm afraid I'm a bit lost. When I restarted, the MWB icon was still at the top of the screen but after 5 minutes of struggling I got the same message bubble saying that the browser guard had crashed but that would be because I had uninstalled the program. Now I'm drawing a blank on the reinstall.  😕

Greetings,

You should uninstall Malwarebytes Browser Guard through the web browser itself.  If you used Programs and Features then what you actually uninstalled was the Malwarebytes desktop application, not the browser extension.  Instructions on how to uninstall an extension can be found here.

Once it is uninstalled, close and re-open your web browser then reinstall Malwarebytes Browser Guard from here.

If you did uninstall it properly yet it still returned, it is possible that your Google sync settings caused it to be reinstalled automatically.

Please let us know how it goes and if the issue is resolved or not.

Thanks

Yes, you should be able to activate the extension by clicking on the Malwarebytes icon in your browser's toolbar.

As for the Malwarebytes for Windows software, you can download the latest version here, and if you have a license/active subscription for it, you can activate it by following the instructions in this support article.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated links