I submitted a ticket in regards to billing / my account and got a response of 'we've received' followed with the usual of 'we'll reply' and so on. Made sure I sent the question a couple of weeks before the renewal of my plan is up to put the ticket in, as your chat function is always 'busy'. I am beginning to sense a theme here.

I looked around the site, a 5 day delay seems rather normal...figured that I would join the forum as it may prove useful for general questions etc.

Then, when I tried to join I got the notification that my email is not allowed (the domain, Protonmail is kind of known for companies blacklisting it, which kind of makes sense I suppose) however your automated ticket generator had no trouble in sending me a reply to that address, so now I don't know if anyone at Malwarebytes will reply to a PM address or not.

My renewal date is fast approaching, so I'll give you till Tuesday (which will be around the 6th working day since my question/ ticket was submitted) and if I still hear nothing back then I'll remove my card details from the MB portal, uninstall MB software and start using something else.

I've done all I can, short of sending a carrier pigeon to get in touch, there's no number to call (for private users), the chat function never works and all I've gotten in reply to the ticket I submitted so far is crickets. The ball is in your court Malwarebytes, and my patience is running out.

P.S. Here's the ticket number for your reference, maybe I'll magically get a response now that I'm uploading this on to a public forum for all to see.... 2855119

From what I've seen of other posts, putting the ticket number up on here seems to suddenly illicit a speedy response via an email reply so let's see if it works for me. If not, I can take a hint, I know where I'm not wanted...

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes for Windows Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column

mbst_get_started.jpg

7. Click the Gather Logs button

mbst_advanced_gather_logs.jpg

8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

mbst_getting_logs.jpg

9. Upon completion, a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be found on your Desktop. Click OK

mbst_log_saved_desktop.jpg

10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:

notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

14 minutes ago, Bathory said:

My renewal date is fast approaching

15 minutes ago, Bathory said:

I still hear nothing back then I'll remove my card details from the MB portal

What question did you submit to support?

It was a billing question in regards to my plan:

When I first subscribed to a Malwarebytes plan, I took advantage of a deal offered to me of two years for the price of one. This was a couple of years ago and even then it went wrong and they tried to bill me for the second year. Back then though I could get a hold of someone on chat and they sorted it out for me. Now that the two years are up, I need to find out what I'll be paying going forward, if the offer I have continues on or not, and what prices and deals for an existing customer are available.

That's why I'm giving them till Tuesday to reply before my renewal as the two years is up by then and I can't even find out what my renewal rate will be should I continue. If I can't get a hold of anyone I'll purchase a plan with some other company. Thanks for replying to me though, it's good to know there's human life out there, this is the first non automated bot response I've gotten so far and it's been about a week! It's a shame you don't work for MB, though you'd probably find it pretty lonely in the office, surrounded by Auto-bots, I shudder to think what the Christmas Party would be like....

1 minute ago, Bathory said:

I can't even find out what my renewal rate will be should I continue

The renewal is then set to yearly at what ever the rate is in your location. The US is 39.99 a year. I am not sure if it will be billed again at the 2 yr rate automatically.

Chat only works when the help desk is slow and all the tickets are answered. It has been quite busy since the new yrs holiday plus the issues with bluescreen errors etc. and staff is limited on weekends and holidays.

The help desk does a lot more than just subscriptions and license issues so it can take significant time to respond.

Also, Have you been checking your spam/junk mail for responses?

On the latter, yes. PM (Mail domain) does not even have a scheduled task in regards to emptying a trash / SPAM folder, so there is never anything emptied. I did check it as soon as I sent it but seeing as the automated response made it my way (inbox) I figure that the SPAM issue is rather muted. I checked it again today but still nothing. I know that there are hefty wait periods right now with MB though, so I figured this would take some time.

I just didn't want it to bill me first before I even had a response. The fact that it reverts to annual makes sense, I just wish that I could find some literature on it, somewhere. The 5 user sub does work out best but for now the customer service is so slow / poor that it is giving me second thoughts altogether. I figure that it is better to pay someone else more, to get a more responsive customer service team.

Thank you though, for the information. You have been a great help.

Mine is GBP / Euro btw (if need be) - I get 79 for 5 or 39 for 1, as well but can't figure out if I will be ineligible as an existing customer for a multi license deal or not...

Mine is GBP / Euro btw (if need be) - I get 79 for 5 or 39 for 1, as well but can't figure out if I will be ineligible as an existing customer for a multi license deal or not...

Multi-license "deals" can be worked out with support. There are a few staff members who can check on the help desk for you, Might not be till Monday or Tuesday.

@AdvancedSetup could you take a look.

I have lifetime keys for all my computers since I have been using the program so long and back when those were available so I do not think personally about issues /questions like yours.

Mon / Tues should be fine though I wouldn't want to leave it beyond that.

I can't even seem to find the 5 device suggestion online anymore, either which is not great but I;ll wait a couple days and see what comes up.

Thanks again for all the information!

I can't even seem to find the 5 device suggestion online anymore

When you click buy you get to choose  the number of devices up to 10.

2020-01-19_00h50_02.png

Hi @Bathory  

Just to add a bit.  You should have a received a renewal Email 30 days  prior to the Premium expiry date.  That should have had the information you are seeking. That email should have the renewal charge amount.

My sense is that it is likely that the multi-year special was a one-time deal.

My other curiosity is:   What date exactly did you first create the Support ticket ?

Keep in mind that Monday  27 January is a federal holiday in US.

Keep in mind that subscription licenses, when they reach expiration, still have a grace period of several days;   10 days if I recall properly.

I have been scouring through mail to find the 30 day alert - nothing yet.

As to the date that I created the ST, it was on Jan 14th so I suppose it is still only 6 days on and only 4 of them are working days but from what I could tell, unless I said something I would just be left in the wilderness.

Now the 20th (here, 19th PST, US) and still nothing.

I am hoping that come the start of the week (working days etc), MB will get back to me.

The grace period is good but I will be billed through the back end of next week and I can't even find a way of turning that off. It just says:

Unable to delete this payment method as it is associated with a product set to auto-renewal

I suppose I can contact my card provider and ask them to block it if it comes down to it but I would rather see what I can do to sort it myself lest my lender indemnifies / issues a chargeback to MB but mainly because the help here seems to give me a lot of the answers a lot faster than MB ever get back to me. You'll tell me, I'll do it, it'll get sorted etc. Even though that is part of the purpose for having a forum, the usual "search it and they may already have the answer" prospect doesn't work as it all leads back to me needing someone within support to actually get back to me. This is proving a zero sum result in the end.

If it does try renew, I get the grace period and it doesn't bill me within that period I'll be pleasantly surprised. I am not holding my breathe but it would give MB the extra time to get back to me, given how busy they are.

Thank you though for your response Maurice, you are courteous and I appreciate it. :)

(Btw given that the 27th is a federal holiday, if I don't hear back from MB by the end of the week I doubt I will from here on in at all, I did file a ticket nearly 2 whole weeks before that day even approached).

Grrr that didn't format correctly. The last part of that reply was...screw it I'll post the whole thing again:

I have been scouring through mail to find the 30 day alert - nothing yet.

As to the date that I created the ST, it was on Jan 14th so I suppose it is still only 6 days on and only 4 of them are working days but from what I could tell, unless I said something I would just be left in the wilderness.

Now the 20th (here, 19th PST, US) and still nothing.

I am hoping that come the start of the week (working days etc), MB will get back to me.

The grace period is good but I will be billed through the back end of next week and I can't even find a way of turning that off. It just says:

(This is Quoting the text off the cursor)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Unable to delete this payment method as it is associated with a product set to auto-renewal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I suppose I can contact my card provider and ask them to block it if it comes down to it but I would rather see what I can do to sort it myself lest my lender indemnifies / issues a chargeback to MB but mainly because the help here seems to give me a lot of the answers a lot faster than MB ever get back to me. You'll tell me, I'll do it, it'll get sorted etc. Even though that is part of the purpose for having a forum, the usual "search it and they may already have the answer" prospect doesn't work as it all leads back to me needing someone within support to actually get back to me. This is proving a zero sum result in the end.

If it does try renew, I get the grace period and it doesn't bill me within that period I'll be pleasantly surprised. I am not holding my breathe but it would give MB the extra time to get back to me, given how busy they are.

Thank you though for your response Maurice, you are courteous and I appreciate it. :)

(Btw given that the 27th is a federal holiday, if I don't hear back from MB by the end of the week I doubt I will from here on in at all, I did file a ticket nearly 2 whole weeks before that day even approached).

22 hours ago, Porthos said:

When you click buy you get to choose  the number of devices up to 10.

2020-01-19_00h50_02.png

Can you show me where I even get to that part from? I am not even sure if that is off their webpage or the application itself...urgh this is one of the worst systems that I have used.

Support has replied to your ticket. You should have received an email from them by now. Please check you junk / spam folder if not and let us know

Thank you

Yeah, I saw the message before, thanks.

I'll reply to it (it was from Colin I believe) so I'll carry on from there.

Thank you, I appreciate the response by mail from him and you on here and thank you Porthos and Maurice above.

I am glad to read that you have a  reply from Support.  They will take care of what you need.

I made a typo before about the January holiday.  It is today, the 20th.

One other factoid,  you had a reply on the 4th business day after the ticket was created.  This indicates that the volume is high.  While the support preference is to reply in one business day,  during high volumes patience is advised.

I wish you well.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

Sure - and yeah I was wondering what federal holiday was on a Sunday.

/Unsure

Sorry I came off as impatient ; I am not usually so bratty - not all month anyway lol.

Hopefully this will have been resolved now.

So Maurice I tried it the more patient way...what I got for it:

They billed me, even though saying that it would be for 2 years, put a renewal date of next year.

Other than that, they emailed my previous email account, asking me to activate my subscription (this is where stuff like the notice before renewal may be getting lost, given that they seem to be sending stuff to the wrong email.)

The individual who I was mailing with in regards to the ticket (Colin) did say that the ticket would remain open for a farther 60 days after, however decided to close it deeming that it had been resolved (not to my satisfaction, lol). I mailed back explaining that it'd basically done nothing as to what was promised, threw in a couple more things they'd gotten wrong but no response ; the decision to close the ticket was only a few days back though I wish that they would have waited until after the billing had shown the 2 year honor. (Granted, 3 more issues also popped up subsequently, too).

I don't expect much else to be done now on MB's end - the correct mail is not even allowed by PM's forum (here) so I don't hold any hope of that being resolved. I haven't downloaded the software using this license so I'll ask for a refund and then uninstall off the device. If I get no response on that I'll get my CC company to refund the total and they'll chase it up with MB on my behalf.

I did try being patient Maurice. It got me nowhere in the end. Thanks for trying though. I appreciate it.

Thanks for the responses, I didn't expect to hear back from everyone but saw some e-mail notifications of messages in my other mail so I figured that I would reply.

I'll await response to the ticket e-mail and if that sorts out soon, I'll leave things be.

Thanks again to both of you, you;re both going out of your way to resolve this for me. :)

Just as an update, I received a response from Colin who was dealing with me on the ticket issue. He was very kind and extended the license by a year from the renewal date as agreed.

Thank you again to the staff and members on here for the help and support they have given.

Porthos I will indeed look to working out a deal with staff in regards to a multi license deal, I do have a forum related query that I would like to resolve too...which would be the best admin to contact in regards to that?

I don't want to swamp multiple staff at a go with that for no reason.

Thank you all, again.

57 minutes ago, Bathory said:

I do have a forum related query that I would like to resolve too

What would that be?