Bing redirect virus

My Mac (and possibly my wife's PC) has had something that causes the Bing to open as the next tab, despite Google being specified as my Home Page.  This is apparently the Bing redirect virus.  I'm not sure how it got past Malwarebytes, but I need to remove it.  I cannot currently open Malwarebytes.  This which could be a) because I switched credit cards in December (lost the previous one), and MWB tried to bill my renewal to the old VISA number (fixed this  today), or b) because the malware is blocking it.  

First, please refer to this pinned posting at the top of the forum and follow all the applicable instructions:  How to remove the after-effects of adware.

If you verify that your wife's PC has exactly the same problem, there may be an issue with your network router that is causing it.

Even if your subscription to Malwarebytes has expired, that should not stop you from opening and using it in the free mode for manual scanning, so that could be caused by malware blocking it or perhaps it just needs to be uninstalled in accordance with these instructions:

Uninstall Malwarebytes for Mac v4

Uninstall Malwarebytes for Mac v3

Then download and reinstall it following: Download and install Malwarebytes for Mac v4.

If none of this solves the problem then I recommend you submit a system report created with the help of below article (please don't post the zip file here).
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-3235
Instead, log a support ticket with help of below link and attach the file with the email
https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/contactsupport/pages/home-support

Edited by alvarnell