KevinLarkin9

CPU usage is at 100 until I open task manager

That’s the gist of it. I hear my fan and computer working hard always so I open task manager and it says 100% CPU usage but that goes down a second or two after opening task manager. I’ve run all kinds of full scans and haven’t figured out what is wrong. Please help 

Hello Kevin.

My name is Maurice. I will be helping and guiding you, going forward on this case.

The CPU usage can fluctuate depending on all sorts of conditions.  It  ( high cpu usage  at some moment in time) does not mean that there is some kind of "infection".

For example, it can be due to the mix of tasks ( jobs )  and programs in use.   Also, Task manager will MOST Often show at 100%  when first displaying.  You must wait a few minutes for Task Manager to stabilize with real numbers

You need to have patience / allow Task Manager to settle in.  The behavior you describe is not unusual.

Task Manager will settle down in most cases after a while.

The question needing to be asked:  What are you trying to get to ?

IF you are suspecting some kind of infection  - - - >  do scans with Malwarebytes for Windows.

Then, later on, take an inventory of all of the programs on your box that are auto-started with Windows.

See what programs are NOT a absolute-must-have for auto-start.

You may  want to review this topic and see if it applies to your system as well.   It takes a while for Task Manager to compute tasks & then refresh the display..

AS to your mention of "computer fan":

Is this machine a laptop or notebook?

OR

is it a small tower or a desktop type ?

and have you looked real close all around the unit to insure the exhaust area is (a) clear  ( b) not blocked ( c ) free of dust bunnies (d) has sufficient air flow all around ?

and does this unit have any area that is hot or over-heating ?

Edited by Maurice Naggar

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks