AdvancedSetup

Windows Update - Patch Tuesday Critical - CVE-2020-0601

I thought these settings only controlled how long you could pause a hold for.  I didn't think they actually caused the hold to pause.  To do that I thought you had to actually select a date in the drop down.  I did't think having 1 in that box would in itself cause you to not get an update.  I've had mine set to 30 for a couple years and I still get quality updates.

Bill

I personally never pause update of any kind. Never had the need.

6 hours ago, BillH99999 said:

I thought these settings only controlled how long you could pause a hold for.  I didn't think they actually caused the hold to pause.  To do that I thought you had to actually select a date in the drop down.  I did't think having 1 in that box would in itself cause you to not get an update.  I've had mine set to 30 for a couple years and I still get quality updates.

Bill

BillH99999

It only pauses the update for the days selected. So after the selected days the updates download. I checked when I received updates with a 6 in the box, All updates were received but 6 days after the release. I thought manual checking for updates might over ride that but it didn't.