MB 4.0.4 Problem with iTunes

On 1/29/2020 at 6:04 AM, LiquidTension said:

Please note that the 1.0.810 is not a beta component update. An explanation on this can be found here: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/256151-mb4-v10810/?do=findComment&comment=1359070

The fix for this issue is not present in the latest Malwarebytes for Windows component update. We hope to have this available shortly.

When the fix is available, it will be mentioned in a forum announcement.

Hopefully, this also fixes an issue with IPV6 not working correctly (slow Internet) when web protection is enabled (confirmed by turning off web protection or turning off IPV6 in my wireless router).

On 2/2/2020 at 2:05 AM, Robert L. Geier said:

Hopefully, this also fixes an issue with IPV6 not working correctly (slow Internet) when web protection is enabled (confirmed by turning off web protection or turning off IPV6 in my wireless router).

The two issues are unrelated and will require two very different fixes. We are in the process of investigating the IPv6 issue currently.

21 minutes ago, skcusime said:

I had the same issue, so uninstalled the Apple version of iTunes, and installed the Win10 version from the Windows Store and it works as it should. No need to wait for the Malwarebytes fix or disable anything.

Thanks for the info.

Is that version as full featured as the installed version. Just asking since I don't use Itunes.

7 hours ago, LoWd0Wn said:

I had the same issue on a Windows 7 pc. Added the 2 Apple folders and all worked well.

Once the update fixes it . Should a person remove those 2 folders from the allow list. Or will the update do that?

Probably not??

The exclusions/allowed items will remain in place and can be manually removed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...