Chromebook : Nimbus Screenshot incompatible

M_D

As there is no Chromebook forum, I'm posting in the closest thing - the Android forum

When I run Nimbus Screenshot, the extension crashes: "This extension failed to name the download "" because another extension (Malwarebytes Browser Guard) determined a different filename"

Is there a way around this problem?

Edited by AdvancedSetup
corrected font issue
  • 9 months later...

Hi there!

I have the same problem, except it's with another extension and on Google Chrome. 

The extension "RegEx Download Organizer" organize all files that I download by changing it's name and download location. However, since I installed Malwarebytes google chrome extension, it blocks RegEx Download Organizer from moving and renaming the downloaded files. 

Screenshot attached. @alvarnell

image.thumb.png.015e5d0a3e4194b06f7ae07e77244d82.png

Could you please explain which security setting I should change to allow the extension to move and rename the downloaded files? 

Thanks in advance!

Renaming of downloaded files is a known issue with the Chromium project, which Chrome is based on.  When multiple extensions share permissions of controlling downloads, this issue pops-up.  Its up to Google to make the changes that will fix this issue.  We must wait until then.

Wish I had better news...