Google to Windows 7 users: Chrome support will run until at least July 2021

sman

Yes, it probably will continue to work.  As for the legacy version of Edge, probably because MS doesn't release standalone installers for it; it is integrated into/ships with Windows 8 and Windows 10.

As for browsers, currently I use SRWare Iron Portable and Firefox Portable, and I suspect that those versions will always be compatible with Windows 7 since they are more self-contained than standard browsers.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, Chromium based browsers like Chrome tend to use self-contained DLLs and executables.  That's one of the reasons it is so easily portable between platforms (i.e. Linux/Android, Windows etc.), and that's yet another reason that it ever becoming truly incompatible with Windows 7 is very unlikely, at least as long as computer processor technology remains as it is (x86/x64), and I don't foresee that changing any time soon as that would break compatibility with all existing applications and operating systems (this is one of the reasons such a change hasn't happened yet).