Hi,

I noticed two suspicious processes in Win 10 Task Manager today: szndesktop.exe and listicka-x64.exe.  I discovered your webpage on these at https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/241466-removal-instructions-for-seznam/

This page says that malwarebytes will detect these, and should have prevented their installation.  In fact it had not prevented their installation, and a custom scan of szndesktop.exe did not report any problems with it.  I removed them (and other stuff) by uninstalling Seznam Software from the Win 10 Programs and Features control panel.

I am fairly sure they were installed earlier in the day when I downloaded and installed Nero 9 Free from 

https://softfamous.com/nero-free/

I would attach the downloaded installer, but it is just to large (64MB). A similar (possibly identical) installer is available from other websites.

I should add that, a little later, I downloaded ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 from the official ImgBurn website, from ImgBurn's own server, and malwarebytes quarantined it.  I then downloaded it from the alternative Digital Digest server, and installed it; no problem was reported by malwarebytes this time.  I think this is unconnected to the Seznam problem.

I attach the Farbar reports as requested, but, as stated above, I had already uninstalled Seznam, and I hope this is sufficient to eliminate any danger.

Thank you.

FRST.txt Addition.txt

Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Remove this program in bold via the Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
App Explorer (HKU\S-1-5-21-1793705080-3504263834-1131861309-1003\...\Host App Service) (Version: 0.272.1.295 - SweetLabs) <==== ATTENTION
<<<>>>

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to  the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Is the problem solved?

fixlist.txt

Thank you, nasdaq. App Explorer removed and fixlog.txt attached.

Is the problem solved?  I don't know.  I have run a custom threat scan on the downloaded installer for Nero 9 Free, which I suspect installed Seznam (and App Explorer) when I ran it before.  MWB found nothing wrong with the installer, just like before - and that was the problem.

I could go on to install Nero 9 Free, and see whether Seznam and App Explorer reappear, but that is a risk I am not keen to take.  Is there any reason to suppose that they might not reappear, as they did before?  (It is something which could be tested on any computer, not necessarily mine!)

Fixlog.txt

Hi,

Sorry about that but my first Fixlist.txt was incomplete.
Please run this new one. There are some remnant of Seznam in your logs.

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to  the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

I see many entries in your logs for this Nero program.

Is Nero still installed on this computer?

Is it working correctly?

fixlist.txt

Edited by nasdaq

Thanks again, nasdaq.  Fixlog.txt attached.

Re Nero, I soon uninstalled Nero 9 Free, because the functionality of that free version was inadequate, and I have today deleted the empty directories left behind in Program Files.  I purchased and installed Nero Burning ROM 20.0.2014, which may be the reason for Nero entries in my logs now.

Fixlog.txt

3 hours ago, nasdaq said:

Is the problem solved?

I'm satisfied that my PC is now clean.  Thank you for your help, nasdaq.

I leave it to the MWB team to satisfy themselves that MWB is reporting correctly in the case of Nero-9.4.12.3_free-notoolbar.exe as downloaded from softfamous dot com (among other download sites).  If it is true that this download contains bundled software (such as Seznam and/or App Explorer), and if such software is malware, then MWB is wrong in not reporting it.  If either of those conditions is untrue, then MWB is behaving correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks