Error Code 703 (0,14)

Hi,

I ran update for malware and recieved error code 703 (0,14).

It said to contact you folks about this.

New to this hope I have posted this in the correct area :)

Will wait to see posts on this or e-mail from administration folks. :)

Not sure what else is needed.

Thank You,

MB90

Welcome to Malwarebytes! There are a few posts on that error! It would help if we know what OS your running, and what is your Anti-Virus software? and/or firewall? In your AV software, Malwarebytes needs some files to be trusted

as an example:

Please exclude the following files from your antivirus (if using any firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall, exclude them from it as well):

For Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

If your running XP and it depends on the AV If your on vista, we have other files... Post back please & let us know. regards..

@ JohnDaddyo

Welcome to Malwarebytes! I don't or ever did have the files to be trusted by Malwarebytes in my router & I owned three routers. the files should just go in your case, Kasperskey AV program. There in Bold letters above. Please post back if you are having an issue or if you need anything else...regards..

@ JohnDaddyo

or it is possible that you need to reinstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
If the program is not running right or you are still getting an error? and you need to remove & re-install the program? As GT500 said above, here are the instructions. (It may remove the trusted files from your AV program also)

please try a clean tool below, remove the program and re-install again

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and run a Quick Scan.

Hello,

Thank all of you folks for replying. I uh clicked the update today and it up dated...no trouble.

Hmmm, well it works fine. No error at all. :)

I have custom built comp, XP pro "3" , 4 gigs of ram, 2 hard drives SATA 63,096 MB + 242,138 MB, 8800GT overclocked, ASUS M2N32 SLI deluxe Mother Board (over clockable), pc tools spyware doctor W/antivirus, XP firewall on also, spybot search + destroy, superantispyware, Malwarebytes, scotty, JV16 power tools, CCleaner, and several online games such as Call of Duty2 and the like.

My comp runs error free since built a few years ago, I was concerned when I read the box that poped up.

Thank You folks again for your replys and your gracious help.

I um...fired Norton, and McAfee for missing some type of virus that did get on my computer that Malwarebytes found and removed. I was very surprized at that. Spyware doc also caught a few things that slipped by the others.

Malewarebytes ... a great product. :P

MB90 :)