That's great news, and the only change was AdGuard?  Nothing else was removed or altered in the meantime since the issue was last replicated?  I just want to make sure that it's the only variable.  If so, that is great news for the Developers as that probably makes their jobs a lot easier.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, exile360 said:

That's great news, and the only change was AdGuard?  Nothing else was removed or altered in the meantime since the issue was last replicated?  I just want to make sure that it's the only variable.  If so, that is great news for the Developers as that probably makes their jobs a lot easier.

Correct. All I did was fully uninstall AdGuard Premium, and re-enable MWB Web Protection. I also removed the AdGuard AdBlocker extension from Chrome and installed the MWB ad blocker to test it out, but i am sure the conflict is AdGuard Premium and MWB Premium's Web Protection.

My machine has now been up for two full days with no BSOD, which is definitely a first since this problem first started back at the beginning of this year.

I will say however, I am seeing ads on pages which were previously blocked or fully removed by AdGuard. I've become spoiled with the removal of all these ads, so hopefully a fix will come soon where AdGuard Premium and MalwareBytes Premium can coexist.

51 minutes ago, EvilPeppard said:

I also removed the AdGuard AdBlocker extension from Chrome

I would put that back alongside MBG and test.

1 minute ago, EvilPeppard said:

You want me to run both Chrome extensions? Both AdGuard AdBlocker and the MWB Blocker?

Just confirming.

YES, I run both the MBG and Ublock Origin extensions in my browser.

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

YES, I run both the MBG and Ublock Origin extensions in my browser.

Ok, I have added AdGuard AdBlock back in and am running it along side the MWB blocker in Chrome.

Just now, EvilPeppard said:

Ok, I have added AdGuard AdBlock back in and am running it along side the MWB blocker in Chrome.

It should not cause a BSOD. Hope you browsing experience is better now.

Yes, if my personal theory is correct this has more to do with the driver such as the one used by Web Protection and the full Adguard application, both of which rely on/hook into the WFP APIs/framework, and where traffic analysis and blocking for such filters (as well as firewalls, including the built in Windows Firewall) are performed on a system-wide level.  The browser extensions (in fact all browser extensions) are isolated within the browser and therefore can use no drivers and are sandboxed in most modern browsers keeping them from even seeing any processes in memory outside of the browser they're running in.

That said, regardless of what the actual cause might be, I just hope it is fixed soon for the sake of those affected.

1 minute ago, exile360 said:

Yes, if my personal theory is correct this has more to do with the driver such as the one used by Web Protection and the full Adguard application, both of which rely on/hook into the WFP APIs/framework, and where traffic analysis and blocking for such filters (as well as firewalls, including the built in Windows Firewall) are performed on a system-wide level.  The browser extensions (in fact all browser extensions) are isolated within the browser and therefore can use no drivers and are sandboxed in most modern browsers keeping them from even seeing any processes in memory outside of the browser they're running in.

That said, regardless of what the actual cause might be, I just hope it is fixed soon for the sake of those affected.

Agreed! :)

FYI, over on the AdGuard forums, I shared my experience and linked my posts here on the MWB forums. One of the AdGuard support members, Chinaski, replied and told me to disable the AdGuard Premium WFP Network Driver while using MWB Premium's Web Protection, and the BSOD should stop.

Here is the link on the AdGuard forums: https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/malwarebytes-web-protection-blocks-the-adguard-web-assistant.36914/post-197444

Hope this info helps folks out.

17 minutes ago, EvilPeppard said:

told me to disable the AdGuard Premium WFP Network Driver

That is exactly the conflict. When doing that you are disabling the difference between the paid version and the free extensions for the browsers. The WFP driver is the part of the protection that protects the things other than the browser on your computer. The same as the difference between the web protection in MB premium and the Malwarebytes Browser Guard.

The WFP drivers/filters from both programs were conflicting.

It also happens with some of the other 3rd party AV programs that do not play well combined with MB.

Edited by Porthos
21 hours ago, Porthos said:

That is exactly the conflict. When doing that you are disabling the difference between the paid version and the free extensions for the browsers. The WFP driver is the part of the protection that protects the things other than the browser on your computer. The same as the difference between the web protection in MB premium and the Malwarebytes Browser Guard.

It also happens with some of the other 3rd party AV programs that do not play well combined with MB.

Sounds legit for sure. I get it. Strange I was always able to run both programs together with both AdGuard's WFP driver and MWB Premium's Web Protection enabled until the beginning of this year. I assume some architecture must have changed in one or both products.

I certainly can live with either Adguard Premium's WFP disabled so I can run MWB Premium's Web Protection. My only question, which I am sure is highly subjective, is which one should I actually have disabled for the best protection?

Should I be running AdGuard's WFP and keep MWB Web Protection off, or vice versa? Again, subjective, I am sure.

• Root Admin
25 minutes ago, jenine said:

Adguard and Malwarebytes need to talk and come up with a fix.  Disabling things is not the answer.

If you do a Clean reinstall of Malwarebytes using our MBST tool. There is no current issue with Adguard that I'm aware of unless a new update from Adquard has changed that.

Uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

If you have a direct link to a developer from Adguard that wants to spend their time working to make their product compatible with ours, by all means please have them contact us, but as I said, from the last update issues with Adguard were fixed.

Thank you but I have a question?  If I do what you said will I be able to keep the WFP network Driver on in Adguard.  Right now to get them both to work together I have that driver off in Adguard.  Thanks

• Root Admin

I believe it was you I helped about a couple weeks ago @jenine was it not?

You could try doing a clean removal and reinstall of both products and see if that corrects the issue. If it does not then let us know.

Yes you did but all I was able to do was to disable the driver in Adguard and from what im reading this is not a fix because now Adguard is not not blocking everything.  Its a workaround not a solution!  

On 4/25/2020 at 10:01 AM, EvilPeppard said:

I certainly can live with either Adguard Premium's WFP disabled so I can run MWB Premium's Web Protection. My only question, which I am sure is highly subjective, is which one should I actually have disabled for the best protection?

EvilPeppard did you get Adguard and MWB to work together with the WFP driver on in Adguard and web protection on in MWB?  I have big droughts reinstalling will do anything sorry.

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, jenine said:

Yes you did but all I was able to do was to disable the driver in Adguard and from what im reading this is not a fix because now Adguard is not not blocking everything.  Its a workaround not a solution!  

Well that is not what was said in the other Topic. You should have been able to not remove the entry in Adguard.

Again, please try doing a clean removal of both products and then reinstall them and let us know if still an issue or not

On 4/25/2020 at 10:01 AM, EvilPeppard said:

Sounds legit for sure. I get it. Strange I was always able to run both programs together with both AdGuard's WFP driver and MWB Premium's Web Protection enabled until the beginning of this year. I assume some architecture must have changed in one or both products.

Yes something changed MWB went from 3 to 4.  I never had any problems with both products until MWB went to 4!  Which product should I install back on first Adguard or MWB?  Also are you saying I can have on the WFP driver in Adguard on like I did in MWB 3 and have on MWB web protection at the same time and have no problems.  It does not sound like this will fix anything according to Evilpeppard or Ghost Of Raistin?   

On 4/24/2020 at 12:13 PM, Porthos said:

told me to disable the AdGuard Premium WFP Network Driver

Advanceset up are you saying your steps will fix the above that was just posted 6 days ago? What has changed?

On 4/22/2020 at 10:16 AM, exile360 said:

??? what the FIX?

• Root Admin

On April 10 you said you used our MBST tool to do a clean removal and reinstall of the program and all was well.

From the following link

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/258349-malwarebytes-410-and-adguard-73-problem/?do=findComment&comment=1372355

Please do the following Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

Please have lots of patience with the tool.  The first phase is a cleanup and does require a Windows Restart.
After the Restart, it may take 2 - 3 - 4 minutes till the Support tool screen shows up.   Please be patient and have faith.  Wait for it, whatever it takes.
The 2nd phase is where it offers to do a new Install.

Let me know if that clears up the issue or not.

4 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

On April 10 you said you used our MBST tool to do a clean removal and reinstall of the program and all was well.

From the following link

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/258349-malwarebytes-410-and-adguard-73-problem/?do=findComment&comment=1372355

Please do the following Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

Please have lots of patience with the tool.  The first phase is a cleanup and does require a Windows Restart.
After the Restart, it may take 2 - 3 - 4 minutes till the Support tool screen shows up.   Please be patient and have faith.  Wait for it, whatever it takes.
The 2nd phase is where it offers to do a new Install.

Let me know if that clears up the issue or not.

Stop bringing up the past whats your problem it has nothing to do with MWB not working right since 4 came out PLEASE just answer the question what order should I put them back in????.  If you want to know why I removed it back then since you brought it up 2 times it was to get rid of the BAD beta you had me install and YES your steps worked great to put it BACK.