mwac.sys BSoD

I know is not the same bug as mine, but MB support team answered me this ... So they are having a really hard time fixing this new "Web protection driver", and we are suffering different bugs in the meantime:

Thank you very much!  🙂

I see what's happening here.  We changed our web protection driver and it seems to be causing this.  Until they have the time to work on this particular issue and fix it, you'll either have to keep web protection off or I can send you the installer for the version of Malwarebytes that has the previous web protection driver.

If you opt for the latter, I'll place this ticket On Hold and reach out to you when it has been fixed.  

You can download the previous version from LINK
Once it has been installed, quickly open Settings > General Tab and turn off Application Updates so it doesn't bring you back to this version.

Please let me know which you've decide to do.

Best Regards,

So, we need to keep waiting, I hope they will fix it soon ...

They added:

Hello 
It's not the version 4.04, it's the Component Package version.  The new web protection driver was introduced in 1.0.804. The installer I linked you to is the 4.0.4 just before that - Component Package version 1.0.750

Did you want to give that a try?  

https://malwarebytes.app.box.com/s/z6cravnwptrzx5tyjw36jq6zt6c7apsx
Once it has been installed, quickly open Settings > General Tab and turn off Application Updates so it doesn't bring you back to this version.

Best Regards,

32 minutes ago, lcfx_lain said:

I know is not the same bug as mine, but MB support team answered me this ... So they are having a really hard time fixing this new "Web protection driver", and we are suffering different bugs in the meantime:

Thank you very much!  🙂

I see what's happening here.  We changed our web protection driver and it seems to be causing this.  Until they have the time to work on this particular issue and fix it, you'll either have to keep web protection off or I can send you the installer for the version of Malwarebytes that has the previous web protection driver.

If you opt for the latter, I'll place this ticket On Hold and reach out to you when it has been fixed.  

You can download the previous version from LINK

Please let me know which you've decide to do.

Best Regards,

So, we need to keep waiting, I hope they will fix it soon ...

Thanks for the info. I prefer to use the most current version of MWB and just keep Web Protection off for now instead of rolling back to a previous version.

Hopefully they will have an update soon so we can start using Web Protection again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, GhostOfRaistlin said:

I was wondering! Has this issue been resolved. I have the same problem & have deactivated my webprotection to prevent BSoD.

So if anyone can tell me something it will be appreciated. Do I have to update to BETA? is there a ligt at the end of the tunnel? :)

It will get solved. There is light at the end of the tunnel but it takes time but now that might just take a bit longer. It is possible with staff working at home they might not have some needed access to the testing setups at the office that is shut down because of COVID-19.

In the meantime, if you are running with Web Protection disabled for daily use, you can still have at least your browser protected by installing Malwarebytes Browser Guard if you haven't already.  It blocks the same sites as Web Protection would and actually blocks some additional threats and undesirable web sites/content on top of that (including behavior based blocking for tech support scam sites; a very powerful feature that I recommend for everyone these days) and it is fully compatible with Web Protection in Malwarebytes so once the BSOD issue has been resolved you can enable Web Protection and keep Malwarebytes Browser Guard installed in your browser(s) to get the benefits of both protections.

You can learn more and download Malwarebytes Browser Guard on this page.

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

It will get solved. There is light at the end of the tunnel but it takes time but now that might just take a bit longer. It is possible with staff working at home they might not have some needed access to the testing setups at the office that is shut down because of COVID-19.

In the meantime, if you are running with Web Protection disabled for daily use, you can still have at least your browser protected by installing Malwarebytes Browser Guard if you haven't already.  It blocks the same sites as Web Protection would and actually blocks some additional threats and undesirable web sites/content on top of that (including behavior based blocking for tech support scam sites; a very powerful feature that I recommend for everyone these days) and it is fully compatible with Web Protection in Malwarebytes so once the BSOD issue has been resolved you can enable Web Protection and keep Malwarebytes Browser Guard installed in your browser(s) to get the benefits of both protections.

You can learn more and download Malwarebytes Browser Guard on this page.

Thank you so much. It is nice to have a work around at least :) & I was complete unaware of Malwarebytes Browser Guard, so again TY

13 minutes ago, GhostOfRaistlin said:

Thank you so much. It is nice to have a work around at least :) & I was complete unaware of Malwarebytes Browser Guard, so again TY

It is a good add on even if you are not experiencing the issue and for those that are after it is fixed. It does more that the web protection does.

Stay safe and healthy.

Edited by Porthos

On 3/17/2020 at 5:25 PM, nikhils said:

Hello @EvilPeppard

Since we just released the CU5 Beta yesterday, we will be able to give you a better answer regarding the Version number for CU6 closer to the release date.

I will bring up your BSOD once again to the team.

Thank you for your continued patience and help.

Good morning. Has CU6 come out yet? I am not sure how to tell from my version number.

I currently am on:

Version: 4.1.0.56

Update package version: 1.0.22184

Component package version: 1.0.875

I want to test Web Protection as soon as I can since I am still running with it disabled.

Let me know. Thank you!

Hi @EvilPeppard,

We've just released a new beta update that has fixes for various Web Protection-related issues.
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/257042-malwarebytes-41-beta/?do=findComment&comment=1371934

1.0.875 is the component package version for this release, so it looks like you're already up-to-date. We'd love to know how you get on with Web Protection in this latest release.

Dear forum colleagues. I have been an MB user for about three years. Since the middle of the fourth quarter of last year, I started having problems with lack of network communication, which someone told me it would be for using with Kaspersky, but I used it before. Then the "Blue Death Screens" started. I read on the forum that it would be because of the internet module and I disabled it. It didn't work, I kept getting "BSD", I decided to uninstall the MB. I have been waiting patiently for the problem to be fixed. Today when I read that the update might work happily I decided to install the MB and again received BSD. I know everyone has problems, but I'm disappointed to pay for something I can't use.