MBAMService.exe stopped working.

RTL434

This PC is set to automatically download Beta program versions. This morning, it installed Component Version 1.0.793. No problem after that other than having to do a reboot---my backups were scheduled to start running very soon!   I switched the PC on again about 13:55ish and it seemed to "stick" with just a few icons in the System Tray. The Windows Defender one was there but no MWB.  I ended up pressing the Reset button. PC came up this time o.k.  Checking in Reliability, it said that MBAMService.exe had a problem at 13:59.  Have set MWB to collect Event Log Data and run the Support Tool. Couldn't remember the sequence to force a Memory Dump that was set in this machine from a previous topic but have since checked and verified that it works. So if it happens again, I will force a memory dump.  In the meantime here is the Support Tool Log File.

mbst-grab-results.zip

Thank you for the report. It appears Web Protection was implicated in the service crash.

Could you export your Application and System event logs please?

• Press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard at the same time. Type eventvwr.msc and click OK.
  • Expand Windows Logs.
  • Right-click Application and click Save All Events As.... Name the file application and click OK.
  • Repeat for System.
  • Navigate to the location of the files. Highlight the two files, right-click one and click Send to followed by Compressed (zipped) folder.
  • Name the Zip file EventLogs.zip and attach the file in your next reply.

Also, does a folder named CrashDumps exist in %localappdata%? If it does, please check if any files with "MBAMService" in the name exist and provide them for us. Thank you!

Thank you. Without a dump file or consistent reproducible method, I think we will be hard pressed to determine the cause of this. Since the issue occurred, have you encountered any further unexpected issues?

Could you verify Windows is configured to automatically generated user mode crash dumps (in case the issue occurs again)?
Details here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/wer/collecting-user-mode-dumps (the "DumpType" value within the LocalDumps key should have value data of 2).

@LiquidTension  Hi,  Everything has been fine since.  

18 hours ago, LiquidTension said:

Could you verify Windows is configured to automatically generated user mode crash dumps (in case the issue occurs again)?

When you used the word verify, I assumed there would be an entry there that needed changing. There were no entries for Malwarebytes---majority seem to be for NVidia.  So I have created one for MBAMService.exe  as per the attached.  Have also added the original Windows Error Reporting data. Hope this is what you wanted me to do.

Files.zip