Malwarebytes g2a werid key.

I wanted to ask suppoort but there was no option so i write on forum. Thx for reading.
Hello, I bought a key for the malwarebytes program on g2a. The seller sent me the key and product ID. However, when I wanted to enter the account with a subscription through the program, it took me to the login page where some email without a password was entered in advance. Of course, I gave negative feedback to the seller and appealed to the support.

Now my questions.
1. Are these g2a and other auctions keys legal?
2.If I activated my malwarebytes after entering the key and id product, can someone send me some viruses via cloud or something? Can this person see something having access to the subscription (main account) and giving me only the key and product id? I don't know how it works, but I quickly deactivated the account and want to buy a legal key somewhere. Greetings and sorry that I wrote so.

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes for Windows Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column

mbst_get_started.jpg

7. Click the Gather Logs button

mbst_advanced_gather_logs.jpg

8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

mbst_getting_logs.jpg

9. Upon completion, a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be found on your Desktop. Click OK

mbst_log_saved_desktop.jpg

10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:

notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

11 minutes ago, Pika said:

1. Are these g2a and other auctions keys legal?

NO.

11 minutes ago, Pika said:

want to buy a legal key somewhere.

There are no legit lifetime keys sold on those sites.

Buy legal subscriptions here https://www.malwarebytes.com/pricing/

12 minutes ago, Pika said:

I bought a key for the malwarebytes program on g2a.

G2a is not an authorized seller. Nor is eBay and other sites lie it.

Edited by Porthos

24 minutes ago, Pika said:

2.If I activated my malwarebytes after entering the key and id product, can someone send me some viruses via cloud or something? Can this person see something having access to the subscription (main account) and giving me only the key and product id? I don't know how it works

You  Malwarebytes account online should have a good password.

The purpose of having a legit licensed version of Malwarebytes is to prevent malware.

• Root Admin

Great link to generate a strong password:  https://ae7.st/g/index.html

Use Password Management software

Bitwarden
KeePass Password Safe

Make sure you use a strong master password
Then set the key transformation settings (the link below helps provide information on how to choose good settings)
https://pthree.org/2016/06/29/further-investigation-into-scrypt-and-argon2-password-hashing
KeePass Password Manager: Full Detailed Setup (good YouTube video on setup and using Keepass but choose the Argon2 method for Key transformation)

I would also add that the reason an email address was entered automatically when you went to log in is due to the fact that each license key is associated with the email address that was used for the purchase, however the actual account at My.Malwarebytes.com does not exist until you have created it by signing up using your email address and creating a password for the account.  Further details on how all of this works can be found in this support articlethis support articlethis support article, and this support article.

If you ever need to look up your account info or license key and cannot retrieve it that way you may contact Malwarebytes Support directly by filling out the form on the bottom of this page.

Yes guy i agree with you . But problem is , okey i got key and id but its registered on someone email , y. So i wanted to ask , can someone who has email and password see something what im doing? i only activated key and when i saw there is some email on sub account i , deactivated this .

The email showing up is the one that was used when the key was originally purchased.  It does not mean that they have created an account at My.Malwarebytes.com and no, they won't be able to access your account or your password; you just need to register your license with your own email address, and to do that just fill out the form on the bottom of the page in the last link in my post above to contact Support and they will help you to do this.  They can get the license key tied to your own email address so that you won't have to worry about anyone else having any of your information.  This assumes that the license key is valid and not pirated (some illegitimate sellers will resell keys multiple times or use keys that are pirated to sell to unsuspecting customers).  Support will be able to check and verify that the key is valid and that it isn't being used by anyone else and then get it tied to your own email address so that you will be able to control it using your own email address and password at My.Malwarebytes.com.

• Like 1