infostream.secure.footprint.net

"infostream.secure.footprint.net" is being blocked by "malwarebytes browser guard" at "infowars.com" which prevents the live-video-stream from playing.

as far as i can tell, "infostream.secure.footprint.net" is only used for live-streaming video-content from "infowars.com." see this link:

https://www.infowars.com/streamit/

Infowars1a.jpg

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

"Turn off the AD's/trackers switch"

that is not the proper solution. the proper solution is to remove "infostream.secure.footprint.net" from the blocklist since it is not used for distributing ads but is used for distributing live video from "infowars.com".

"infostream.secure.footprint.net" needs to be removed from the blocklist.

of course i know that disabling MBG's protection will end its blocking of "infostream.secure.footprint.net" but, again, that is not the proper solution. that would be like malwarebytes putting an end to MBG because of its blocking something that shouldn't be being blocked rather than fixing the problem with the blocklist.

2 minutes ago, redwolfe_98 said:

that is not the proper solution. the proper solution is to remove "infostream.secure.footprint.net" from the blocklist since it is not used for distributing ads but is used for distributing live video from "infowars.com".

"infostream.secure.footprint.net" needs to be removed from the blocklist.

of course i know that disabling MBG's protection will end its blocking of "infostream.secure.footprint.net" but, again, that is not the proper solution. that would be like malwarebytes putting an end to MBG because of its blocking something that shouldn't be being blocked rather than fixing the problem with the blocklist.

I was giving a temp solution till staff can evaluate and correct if deemed prudent.

I haven't investigated the URL in question, however any domain using the term 'footprint' is suspect as footprinting is a well known method of tracking users on websites, so it is possible that they have tied their video streams to their footprinting of traffic on their site to gather telemetry/browsing data, similar to how some sites will refuse to play streams/display content when ads and/or tracking cookies are blocked/disabled on the site.  If this is the case with this particular URL then I would prefer Malwarebytes continue to block it since that is its entire purpose after all (to block tracking/footprinting along with ads, scams, clickbait and of course malware).

• Staff

It has been whitelisted.

update: actually, "infostream.secure.footprint.net" is NOT being blocked by MBG in my CHROME browser but it IS being blocked by MBG in my firefox browser.

On 1/4/2020 at 1:06 PM, Porthos said:

Turn off the AD's/trackers switch.

ads trackers.png

No blocks now with MBG fully enabled ver 2.1.8 in Firefox.

• Staff

I adjusted the whitelist entry for that site, so that was what made the difference.  Glad its working for you now.