Unknown device TERRY-PC appeared in my Mbam account

har_b

An Unknown computer named TERRY-PC appeared on our Mbam device list. Neither my partner nor myself have given access to a third party. After searching the name it would appear to be in some way connected with Microsoft Win 10 admin operations. But how could it appear on my Mbam device list without being registered and obtaining access by password? Or are devices operating on the computer simply reflected in the Mbam device list? Unclear about that.

Next question concerns security. Can a user on a shared Mbam account hack the online data of other users?

Ty in advance.

Greetings,

The devices where any of your Malwarebytes licenses are currently active will show up based on the computer name in your account at My.Malwarebytes.com, so any system where one of your license keys is in use you will see the computer name of that device show up when you log into your account at My.Malwarebytes.com.  Entries listed there have nothing to do with any sort of networking or Windows access permissions so no one could use the site to access any of your other devices or data.  If you see a device listed which is not one of yours then it is possible that someone else who is not authorized is using your license key on their own device.  If this has happened then please contact Malwarebytes Support by filling out the form on the bottom of this page and inform them of the situation and they should be able to deactivate your existing, stolen license key and issue you a new one to prevent unauthorized abuse.

I hope this helps and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.

Thanks

Thanks for your response exile. A new key makes sense security-wise since I have already changed the account password. The initial purchase info went through a Microsoft email account and I didn't think to delete it, so that may have been where the leakage occurred. I double checked all the instances of Malwarebytes on my account and came up another unknown device listed, which I deleted. In this case no name was associated with the user... it was simply left blank.

We are concerned about leakage of bank info so your comment is reassuring. Will complete the form as you suggested. Ty.

You're welcome.  It is also entirely possible that someone either got your key from one of your devices (through malware or some other means), or simply that someone was using a key generator and it happened to create a duplicate of your key which resulted in every device they activated the software on showing up in your account.  Of course your email is another possibility if there was an email containing your license key info stored in your inbox as you mentioned.

Anyway, Support should be able to get the situation corrected and as long as you secure everything you should be fine.