Linda-B

Malwarebytes premium is slowing my computer to a crawl

OK.   As long as it is on the Beta, eventually it will get the component package 1.0.787

In all this, please keep infinite patience.  This machine just happens to be more pesky that most.   Keep the faith.

Please do me one more favor - - - lets get a current readout on Malwarebytes.

open your Downloads folder
    Double-click mb-support-1.5.3.749.exe  to run the report
        You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.

Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
    You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"

Do NOT use the button “Start repair” !
    Click the Advanced tab on the left column

Click the Gather Logs button

A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
    Please attach the ZIP file in your next reply.

Thank you.

Can I quit MB to run the support tool?  Because it's taking forever to even load the program.  It will take hours to get the logs.

Posted (edited)

We need Malwarebytes running when the support tool is used.   Double please   lets have infiinite patience.   whatever time it takes

Edited by Maurice Naggar

The support tool itself may take several minutes typically.   Let it run for whoever long.

The tool may take 5 or so minutes for the Support tool.  The thing is, to start it and then see that it is not waiting for you in a response box window.

Hopefully you have Closed all windows screens that are not needed, like other apps or extra pages on a browser.

You can press and hold the `ALT key on keyboard then, tap the TAB key to cycle thru  ( look at any other possibly open windows)

This case is one of the more stubborn ones.  I will flag a Malwarebytes Staffer when they get back on Monday  to see if they will pitch in.

I know I said this already many times......  on this rig,  please have Lots and Lots of patience , endless patience.

The support tool wouldn't even open.  So I'm rebooting to try it again.   I did email MB support a few days ago, asking for a refund, basically.  They got back to me yesterday and had me run the support tool and upload the logs.   I haven't heard back.   My support ticket is 2822459. 

OK then.   You do have a support ticket.   Please do stick with that.

It just happens this machine is one of the more sticky ones.   I regret all your frustration.

I do wish you well.

I see that Malwarebytes is set to NOT  auto-start with Windows

Malwarebytes Application Settings
==================================
Start with Windows:             Disabled

I notice that the Update Pkg Version:      1.0.0

whereas, for this time this Saturday, it should be Update package   1.0.1725.51

Yes, I set it to not start automatically.   But it does anyway!  It has a mind of its own 

Start Malwarebytes.  Click Settings icon.

Click the Security tab.

Scroll down to Windows Startup section.

Look at the "Enable self-protection module".    Click that to the right side   ( off ).

Good afternoon.

I am advised that you have a Malwarebytes Support ticket  and that you are working with a Customer Support agent.   Please do continue with that ticket.

I am closing this forum topic to prevent conflicts.

I do wish you all the best.

Sincerely,

Maurice