dagar74

Kaspersky 2020 g update released

Hello BamaShari.    :welcome:

Sorry for your troubles.  If you are tired or sleep deprived, please get rested first.

You have highlighted a section from LiquidTension that is several days in the past & is now past information.

The fix at hand is now in the Malwarebytes for Windows Version 4.1.0   that is then opted into the BETA program, with all of the BETA updates.

Please do not rush into anything.  And do not start into any changes without being all planned and ready.

Also, you can wait until the fix  ( hopefully quite soon) is in a official actual release.

See my post here https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/252725-kaspersky-antivirus-2020-alert/?do=findComment&comment=1367178

See also  https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/253174-kaspersky-total-security-2020-hangs-with-mbam/?do=findComment&comment=1367248

The last post gives an overall outline of how to get the latest BETA program.

If you do not want to consider applying the Beta, then simply just wait for the actual release to be officially announced, hopefully in the short term.

hi @Augusto  

It would help to know the exact software versions of Malwarebytes that are in use on your machines.

and to know if you are using the business-level program  or else if you use the consumer-level program.

Specifics as to the program name & version for Malwarebytes would be a big help all around.

Getting a Malwarebytes Support tool report from one machine would also help.

16 minutes ago, Maurice Naggar said:

Hello BamaShari.    :welcome:

Sorry for your troubles.  If you are tired or sleep deprived, please get rested first.

You have highlighted a section from LiquidTension that is several days in the past & is now past information.

The fix at hand is now in the Malwarebytes for Windows Version 4.1.0   that is then opted into the BETA program, with all of the BETA updates.

Please do not rush into anything.  And do not start into any changes without being all planned and ready.

Also, you can wait until the fix  ( hopefully quite soon) is in a official actual release.

See my post here https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/252725-kaspersky-antivirus-2020-alert/?do=findComment&comment=1367178

See also  https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/253174-kaspersky-total-security-2020-hangs-with-mbam/?do=findComment&comment=1367248

The last post gives an overall outline of how to get the latest BETA program.

If you do not want to consider applying the Beta, then simply just wait for the actual release to be officially announced, hopefully in the short term.

ok so I have the latest release since after I logged in here I went ahead and reinstalled it then I turned BETA on...  is that all I needed to do? 

(thanks for the heads up.. tween crazy hoarders, tornados, media frenzy and tax season I guess sleep will come April 16th, lol)

The problems are super simple to detect you just have to be surfing the internet for more than two hours with torrent connections with browser connections and you will realize what happens, but you have to stay at least about 2 hours.

@BamaShari   Does your Malwarebytes program show Component package 1.0.853  ?    That is the main thing to have.

Please look again on my post  https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/253174-kaspersky-total-security-2020-hangs-with-mbam/?do=findComment&comment=1367248

In Settings,  and then on the General tab, you want to press the button "Check for Updates"

and after that completes, go to the About tab and review there.

image.png.53642192a76fb5be91bfda1135ffc57a.png

@BamaShari  

Lets only post to this topic-thread.   Not in personal message. Plus, lets have you go slow & with planned care.

First thing, we need a Support tool report from your machine.

please allow the programs to run if prompted by your system.

Do have patience while the report tool runs.  It may take several minutes.  Just let it run & take its time.  You may want to close your other open windows so that there is a clear field of view.

Download Malwarebytes Support Tool

Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
    Double-click mb-support-1.5.4.760.exe  to run the report
        You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.

Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
    You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"

Do NOT use the button “Start repair” !
    Click the Advanced tab on the left column

Click the Gather Logs button

A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
    Please attach the ZIP file in your next reply.

For later on, I will be asking for you to temporarily turn off Kaspersky before getting proper updates for the Malwarebytes BETA  with the component package 1.0.853

Posted (edited)

P.S.  It is not desired to Quote a whole section of my post when you make a Reply.  A partial quote is ok.  Not the whole thing though.

and most often, you do not need to use the Quote option at all.   Just make a regular Reply.   Thank you very much.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

3 hours ago, Augusto said:

.....We tested on more than 60 different computers at two companies, clean installations and different hardware versions and we have the same problem as you.

Only for Augusto.   @Augusto  

Please create a new topic for your case, get & run the Support tool, and attach the ZIP report in that new Topic.
See steps  1  thru 5  on this pinned topic  https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/190532-having-problems-using-malwarebytes-please-follow-these-steps/

The factors of what all is involved in your cases necessitates a separate Topic.
Further, this topic here is focused just about issues related to Kaspersky.  The latest conversations are focused on help for those who have Kaspersky.
You've mention some torrent apps  & browser or surfing and timing issues.
You've also mentioned environments that sure sound like commercial, or corporate, or organizational setting ,and you made zero mention of which Malwarebytes product they use & what the version is.
All that, if you want focused attention, you need to have your very own new topic.

Sincerely.

55 minutes ago, Maurice Naggar said:

@BamaShari  

Lets only post to this topic-thread.   Not in personal message. Plus, lets have you go slow & with planned care.

First thing, we need a Support tool report from your machine.

please allow the programs to run if prompted by your system.

Do have patience while the report tool runs.  It may take several minutes.  Just let it run & take its time.  You may want to close your other open windows so that there is a clear field of view.

Download Malwarebytes Support Tool

Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
    Double-click mb-support-1.5.4.760.exe  to run the report
        You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.

Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
    You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"

Do NOT use the button “Start repair” !
    Click the Advanced tab on the left column

Click the Gather Logs button

A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
    Please attach the ZIP file in your next reply.

For later on, I will be asking for you to temporarily turn off Kaspersky before getting proper updates for the Malwarebytes BETA  with the component package 1.0.853

first when I clicked the email to post - I didnt realize I had clicked your name and thats how I ended up sending you a message just letting you know I was rebooting - thats all ~second.. rebooting didnt help, I can't open malwarebytes and my attempt in uninstall and reinstall to get you that information also isn't working - Im not a fummy about software but right now I feel like one...   need to get dinner for my mom and I'll try to uninstall and reinstall after I get her fed ~ I did download the support tool and I'll run that as soon as I get MW reinstalled...  appreciate the help.. be back as soon as I can

Reminder,  please do not click the Quote button.  Just make a normal reply and then click submit reply.

@Maurice Naggar Sorry....  missed the request not to quote...  will do the rest on your other post after I get mom fed and will come back later.. thanks again...  tween her and tax season my brains about fried and I can't work with my computer all whack

Do not do a uninstall / re-install.

I only wanted a ZIP report that is made by running the Malwarebytes Support tool.

I have listed those steps in a earlier reply.

If you need tips on how to attach files, here is how

To Upload  ( attach ) attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

p.s.  There is no rush.  Like I said, do this when you get the chance.   and try to de-stress, take a walk perhaps.  This is only software.

This is curable.   no rush,

Malwarebytes Components Update: 4.1.0.56 version 1.0.854 addresses Certain Ransomware protection incompatibilities with Kaspersky

This release includes, along with other things, the fix for Kaspersky, iTunes and Photoshop

If your PC is already on Version 4  ( regular or beta) you will be updated to it automatically as long as automatic updates are enabled. If you have temporarily disabled them then please enable them to allow this update.

The original Kaspersky conflict issue was due to a change made by Kaspersky on their Antivirus 20.0.14.1085(patch E) programs. As their change was causing issues for our users we took it upon ourselves to work on developing a workaround for this conflict.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 20 version 20.0.14.1085 was released on July 24, 2019
Patch E for Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 20.0.14.1085 was released on October 23, 2019 which is when the issue was first reported to us.
Patch I for Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 20.0.14.1085 was released on February 18, 2020 and is the latest at the time of this posting on 2020-03-19

Please note that although our update works around this issue, at any time in the future another update from Kaspersky could once again potentially create another conflict. This applies to most other security software as well since we do not have control over what other security program changes other vendors make. On Windows 10 the built-in Microsoft Windows Defender has consistently worked pretty well alongside Malwarebytes when enabled for quite a while now for those that have chosen to use it.