Kaspersky 2020 g update released

Go to solution Solved by Maurice Naggar,

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, jjustjj00 said:

Interestingly, I was not able to exclude the MB drivers.  KIS refused to list them when attempting to exclude -- in fact only shows 3 files.  screen shots attached which show that the drivers are there.  Is there some "expert" checkbox I need to find and mark on KIS to get it to show me the drivers? 

I suspect I know why Kaspersky isn't showing the files.  It is being redirected as a 32-bit process (something that occurs in x64 Windows for backwards compatibility with x86/32-bit applications).  You should be able to overcome this by using the Sysnative variable as documented here.

2 minutes ago, jjustjj00 said:

Thanks @exile360.  The drivers do show up in the SysWOW64\ACTIVE_X\Anti-Malwar\sdk folder.  Seems odd they would be buried down 3 directories.  are these the same ones?  Should I try adding these to the exclusions in KIS?  TIA  j

Part of my text got lost in the above.  I don't have Sysnative set on my system.

I'm not familiar with that folder (I have no ACTIVE_X folder on my 7 x64 system so it might only exist in Windows 10 and possibly 8/8.1), however the actual active/loading drivers that run in memory should be the ones located under System32\drivers (you should be able to verify that they are present in Windows Explorer).  If the Sysnative variable doesn't work then I'm not sure how to get Kaspersky to 'see' that location but I wouldn't worry about it too much as excluding Malwarebytes' executables/processes is more significant.

Hello Jjustj00.

As long as the Chrome browser is able to be run & be visible and be usable, that is what counts.

Seeing Chrome listed more than once in Task Manager is normal.

As to the means of excluding the .SYS drivers of Malwarebytes into Kaspersky,  you can just copy each  from a list  ( like below )  and then paste it directly into the white-box of Kaspersky.   ( That is to say, copy each driver location off a list and into the box  rather then using the Browse )

Go  to the Threats and Exclusions section of Kaspersky

Click on  “Manage Exclusions

Click the Add button

On the next screen that shows “add new exclusion”    Copy 1 line at a time from here and then Paste into the entry box

c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys

c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamchameleon.sys

c:\windows\system32\drivers\farflt.sys

c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbae64.sys      ( for 32-bit systems  specify mbae.sys )

c:\windows\system32\drivers\mwac.sys

c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamelam.sys    ( for Windows 10 systems)

c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note:  On some systems you may need to specify "sysnative" in lieu of "system32

Edited by Maurice Naggar

Thank you Maurice.  I've added those drivers.  Never dawned on me that I could type directly in the box.  Had to force a full reboot when I started up today.   And the taskbar keeps moving to the left whenever that happens.  Hopefully this mess is resolved soon.  I want to move foward and I'm not sure I'm willing to at this point.

On 12/26/2019 at 1:12 PM, Maurice Naggar said:

We are not an ordinary user. I am a systems analyst. I believe communicating with you is a bit complicated. I have repeated twice that we did exactly what you said. It makes no sense for me to exclude programs like Firefox or others since this is how I will be allowing security holes.
I'll do my best. Analysis of bugar systems and find out what the conflict is. Initially I thought there is already a solution, but I don't see.

So thanks for nothing.

Two days of testing and this is working for me:

825638982_Anotacin2020-01-04182520.thumb.jpg.92c48c753da23ebef45286b009d833fd.jpg470350066_Anotacin2020-01-041826.jpg.27c6151630bb7ec4f45698baa3f04138.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally felt like I could trust Windows 10 enough to move my files over, and Kaspersky is blocking Thunderbird, even with MB not running.  :( 

Added all the exclusions I could think of and from the other post in this thread.  Image attached.  What am I missing?

thanks in advance, as always!

kis excl on tbird 2020-01-18.png

I'm having a weird issue. Kaspersky Total Security 20.0.14.1085 and the most recent version of Malwarebytes Premium are disabling the Start button on Windows 10 version 1903. The combination is disabling the restart and shut down function as well. The problem is relieved if I remove either app. I tried replacing a Malwarebytes desktop shortcut in a desktop folder and a popup removal display appeared that I never ever saw. It was calculating the time required to replace and update the shortcut in the desktop folder and then nothing happened. It would just hang there. Unreal. I removed Malwarebytes and everything returned to normal. My machine is performing as it should.

43 minutes ago, ill said:

I'm having a weird issue. Kaspersky Total Security 20.0.14.1085

When Kaspersky released Version 20, I broke compatibility with Malwarebytes. You have 3 choices...

Remove Kaspersky

Reinstall version 2019 of Kaspersky and block the upgrade (best option if you want both) This is a link at Kaspersky for Kaspersky Total Security  version 19 installer.

Put in a bunch of complicated exclusions in Both programs.

Edited by Porthos

@jjustjj00    Since your pc is now on KIS 2019, here is how to keep it from auto-updating itself to the 2020 version.

Here is what to do once one has Kaspersky 19  in place.

The way to manage the Kaspersky (future ) upgrade is this:

Start Kaspersky.   Click Settings icon.

Click on "Additional"  from the list.

Click "Update".

Tick  ( select / click ) the 2nd line which is "Do not download new version automatically and do not notify me when they are available"

Apply the adjustment.   Close the window.

H.T.H.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
corrected font issue

My solution since I can't waste any more time and I don't have to waste it with this is:
I am a customer who bought a 3-year subscription to malwarebytes. We even have multiple users on my account with a license and use only 3. We need Kaspersky much more than malwarebytes. Our solution now was to remove malwarebytes completely and wait for a solution. What would be fair is for malwarebytes to freeze the leave time until they have a solution to this conflict. This would show respect for professionalism for customers and a clear concern for the future of malwarebytes.