Kernel

Tamper Protection - Password??

I've enabled Tamper Protection on a policy and no matter how long I wait, it does not accept the password when trying to uninstall the client on an endpoint.  I've rebooted the endpoint and forced an update from the cloud to it, but it still does not allow it.  If I turn off the requirement, I am still prompted for a password.

The only way to uninstall right now is to initiate from, the cloud.

Is this a known issue or am I missing something? 

Greetings,

I located the Support Knowledgebase article here documenting the Tamper Protection feature which indicates that it should require/accept the password when attempting to uninstall the software from the endpoint.  It definitely sounds like you have found a bug.  I will report this incident to the Product team for review and analysis.

In the meantime, if you haven't done so already, I would suggest contacting Malwarebytes Business Support directly via the form on the bottom of this page so that they may work with you directly on diagnosing and attempting to correct this issue.

Thanks

Hi @Kernel,

Sorry you're having trouble, I'll be happy to help. You should not be prompted for the password when attempting to turn off tamper protection in the policy. Let's try turning it off, then re-enabling it and try a new, simple password. If you continue to have trouble, I'll be happy to open a ticket and continue working with you to investigate the issue.