Pebbled

Malwarebytes Browser Guard crashing causing Chrome to crash

Hi,

Would also like to Add when was updated on December 9, 2019, it started causing the problems.

Please review and fix it seems like it has memory leak.

I have the exact same problem. A page load will be very slow then Browserguard crashes. It seem it may be related to WIN10 update to 18362.535. Ia also just recently upgraded to MWB 4.04  from within MWB.  Browerguard will always crash at this point. And I don't think before it crashes it actually is working properly by the seemly increase in ads all of a sudden. I sent a tech support request in too. I also use McAfee LiveSafe and Web Advisor.  

Greetings,

You should be able to uninstall Malwarebytes Browser Guard, close then reopen your web browser, then reinstall and update Malwarebytes Browser Guard and the issue should be resolved if it is being caused by the same issue being reported by others in this topic.

Greetings,

If the problem you are experiencing is caused by the same issue being reported by others in this thread then it has already been fixed, however in order to implement the fix you may need to remove Malwarebytes Browser Guard from your browser, close and reopen your browser, then reinstall the latest version of Malwarebytes Browser Guard and that should correct the issue.

Hello @OLDGODSLIVE

As @exile360 mentioned. Please try removing the Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension and then close the browser. I'd recommend clearing your cache as well

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050

Then reinstall the Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/malwarebytes-browser-guar/ihcjicgdanjaechkgeegckofjjedodee?hl=en

Let us know  if that corrects the issue for you or not

Thank you

I had removed extension closed and opened Chrome, and reinstalled extension and that fixed it for me. I believe I did this soon after my first post and have not have the problem since.I think one clue I had missed was that browser guard had stopped indicating the numbers in the lower right of its browser  icon. 

Excellent, I'm glad that you were able to resolve the issue.  If there is anything else we might help you with please let us know.

Thanks

Ran mb-support-1.5.3.749.exe  rebooted...problem still exists - MB Browser Guard still repeatedly crashes.  Chrome seems to run slower.Google Chrome Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit) - Windows 10 Home v1909 - installed 17 Jun 2019 - OS Build 18363.535

2019-21Dec-MB-BrowserGuard-Crashes-Chrome-Extensions.jpg

6 minutes ago, FireDocUSMC47 said:

Ran mb-support-1.5.3.749.exe  rebooted...problem still exists - MB Browser Guard still repeatedly crashes.

The support tool has nothing to do with the browser guard. from the screen you posted, you need to remove the Browser guard close Chrome and then reinstall it.

Hi, 

I've done all above and still getting the issues please could you let me know what the next step would be please.

Greetings,

Please follow the instructions under Uninstall an extension on this page and select/remove Malwarebytes Browser Guard, then close your web browser and reopen it then reinstall the extension from the Google Web Store here.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

I too am having the same issue. Issue started several days ago.

Currently have MB version: 

image.png.8972bed3a870c56a9b31e8652f988308.png

Hello @mancillaj

As @exile360 mentioned. Please try removing the Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension and then close the browser. I'd recommend clearing your cache as well

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050

Then reinstall the Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/malwarebytes-browser-guar/ihcjicgdanjaechkgeegckofjjedodee?hl=en

Let us know  if that corrects the issue for you or not

Thank you

I followed the instructions in post #66 (and 56) above - this seems to have fixed the problem!

When I found this forum, it presented newest posts at the top.  Hence, my referral to "below" in my earlier post.   So I hadn't seen this remedy.  Perhaps it wasn't visible to non-members.

...and, clearing the entire cache, not just recent s, is key, before re-installing.

(I don't see a way to edit my replies, once posted.)

1 hour ago, daiuyted said:

(I don't see a way to edit my replies, once posted.)

Due to very high rate of spam we had to disable post editing for new members. If you continue to participate on the forums you will eventually be promoted to the Honorary Members group which is not restricted

Thank you