Malwarebytes Browser Guard crashing causing Chrome to crash

Pebbled

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings,

It sounds like you have the bad database update installed.  If updating Malwarebytes Browser Guard does not resolve it then please try uninstalling the extension then closing and reopening your browser and reinstalling the extension and having it check for updates and that should resolve it, however please let us know if it does not or if you encounter any further issues.

Thanks

On 12/16/2019 at 1:23 PM, nolan31 said:

Got the same problem, started an hour ago, everytime malwarebytes browers guard is activated in chrome , it crashes and sites keep loading and after few mins get the message the guard crashed and it works for few minutes again. If i disable the guard, everything works fine. Been using it for months now and never an problem with it, it started crashing an hour ago, before that it worked fine.

Same issue - Clearly there is currently  a problem with the latest version of Chrome ! I have disabled the guard in  Chrome extensions temporarily until the issue is resolved

Many thanks:) Reinstalling the extension works for me.

For the benefit of those not reading the info in this forum, it might be an idea when people are updating their MB software, that a message is sent advising all to uninstall and reinstall the Browser Guard extension. Best wishes - Howie:)