Windows 10 version 1909 unusable with MBAM 4.0 enabled

Sorry to hijack thread but same here . I can't use my PC with MB installed . Everything is just total mess . Can't open anything . Pc is unresponsive like most of the time . Very frustrated . I think you guys should have waited longer before pushing V4 out .

Hi Nikhils,

I will try but is going to be almost impossible since I can't open anything literally . Installed V4 again today just to try it all works fine with RP off until you reboot then all goes to hell . I might reinstall KIS see if that does any better . Will report back .

1 hour ago, denzele said:

I will try but is going to be almost impossible since I can't open anything literally .

Have you tried disabling Real-Time Protection/Malware Protection? This allows programs to start again -- at least on my system.

25 minutes ago, Hilltops said:

Have you tried disabling Real-Time Protection/Malware Protection? This allows programs to start again -- at least on my system.

I would if i could get to MB to open at all . I don't know it's getting to the stage that I just want my PC to work fine even if it means not using MB until this is all fixed .

• Staff

Hello @denzele

Sorry to hear you are having issues. I wanted to check what specific version of MB 4.0.4 are you on. We have a beta update which fixes some of the performance issues.

If possible please get us the logs using the directions in this document: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2396

If the system seems too slow or unresponsive then can you try this:

1. Boot into safe mode.

2. Launch Malwarebytes

3. Go to Settings/About and tell me the version information. For example

image.png.40318e8631114045c75b97ba5df22209.png