Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 4 is conflicting with firefox 71.

1 hour ago, nguyen_tatthach said:

Please help me fix the error above!

We need to get information from this machine in order to have the proper detail to help you forward.
 NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

Download Malwarebytes Support Tool

Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
    Double-click mb-support xxx.xx.exe to run the report
        You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.

Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
    You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"

Do NOT use the button “Start repair” !
    Click the Advanced tab on the left column

Click the Gather Logs button

A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
    Please attach the ZIP file in your next reply.

Hello Nguyen.

The message box you relayed in your post is from Kaspersky.

This pc has Kaspersky Internet Security Version: 20.0.14.1085  .    ( Cant tell what the patch level is.  Whether E or F.    But that would be helpful to know . )

Kaspersky  is what is causing the issue with Firefox.   That is what I had seen firsthand when testing Kaspersky Total Security 20.0.14.1085  with patch e.

Matter of fact, had seen the very same message during my tests.

Kaspersky conflicts with Malwarebytes.   Lets hope Kaspersky will have a new update soon to resolve things.

I am understanding that Kaspersky has a patch G   and that it is in beta test.  I understand that also includes Compatibility corrections with the latest versions of Win10.

I had not found a solution to these issues.   ( other than uninstalling Kaspersky.)    However,  this next adjustment  may help out.   At least do it as a test.

( By the way, Malwarebytes has no issue with Firefox browser.  I have Firefox on my system.  I just dont currently have Kaspersky).

[  1   ]

Exclude FIREFOX.exe application ( C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe)  within Malwarebytes.

[   2   ]

Start ( open ) the Kaspersky application.

Look down on the first screen, look for and click on the gear icon  ( Settings )

image.png.fbbda47c46b5eaaea390b3ea25ae8408.png

On the Settings screen, click on “Additional”   from the list on the left.

Next, click on Threats and Exclusions from the list on the right-side pane.

Look for the section "Advanced disinfection".   Un-tick   ( clear ) the box for Enable advanced disinfection technology.

image.png.85420e3d7845791c95a74e0e76572f83.png

Edited by Maurice Naggar

I've had the same issue and I don't agree that it is only a Kaspersky issue; rather, it appears to be a Kaspersky/Malwarebytes/Mozilla (Firefox and Thunderbird) conflict.  I've been running Kaspersky and Malwarebytes for a couple of years with no problems until recently, then had the "already running" messages with Mozilla products on two separate systems, desktop and laptop.  After much angst and hair pulling, uninstalling and reinstalling, and Windows resets, the problem resolved with removal of Malwarebytes.  To blame Kaspersky alone may be misguided because, for me, Kaspersky and Mozilla play well together until Malwarebytes is introduced into the mix. I have not tried Malwarebytes with Mozilla but without Kaspersky as I'm just glad to have things working without interruption.  Hoping for a diagnosis and fix so that I can get Malwarebytes up and running again.    

Greetings,

It is not a question of blame, however the fact is that with 0 changes to the code in Malwarebytes or any of the affected applications (Firefox/Thunderbird etc.), a single patch to Kaspersky resulted in this conflict.  This does not mean that Kaspersky's developers are 'at fault' or that there is anything wrong with Kaspersky's code (indeed it is entirely possible that they simply made a change in their code which exposed a previously unrevealed 'bug' in the code of the other programs, or in Malwarebytes alone and Malwarebytes' Developers have been investigating this issue on their end since it was first reported).  With that said, I have been told that Kaspersky's developers are working on the issue on their end as well, so hopefully no matter what sort of change/fix is needed, it will be forthcoming soon to eliminate this issue for all affected users.

There is a new update for Kaspersky, patch 'G' which at least one user reports has fixed the issue on their system, so I am hopeful this will prove to be the case for all those affected, however further validation is required as a single user's experience cannot be extrapolated to the entire range of users, systems and software/hardware configurations so only time will tell.

Just to add a bit more.

This case here with nguyen  was one of the easiest & quickest to work out.

We also have another customer who just recently did mutual  Trust exclusions in both Kaspersky  ( patch G  )  and Malwarebytes 4  & is doing well

Dagar74 has Kaspersky on +  Malwarebytes 4 on with all MB protections on.   Those 2 are good news.   

We can work one to one with any others that have Kaspersky 2020  & are amenable  to one to one help.

Further, if it is just 1 or 2 web browsers & 1 email program, that are affected or get stalled,   that can be cured.

I do know that the Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird & PaleMoon can be cured.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

This should be of interest to all who have both Kaspersky 2020  and Malwarebytes 4 Premium

There is a new Malwarebytes Beta 4.1.0.56 version 1.0.853 component package update that addresses a few issues.  Those include

Certain Ransomware protection incompatibilities with Kaspersky, iTunes and Photoshop

See the announcement here https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/257042-malwarebytes-41-beta/?do=findComment&comment=1367093

If your Malwarebytes 4 program is already enabled to Beta option, a number of you will be prompted to get the update.

If your pc does not have 1.0.853 component package update, and are in the Beta, you can just go to the General tab and do a "Check for updates"

If you need to turn on the Beta option, go to Settings >> General tab, scroll down to Beta Updates and enable it.

If you elect to not get the beta, monitor the top pinned notes for future announcement of release

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/41-malwarebytes-for-windows-support-forum/

You can easily check the details of your MB4 installation by going to Settings >  About tab

NOTE:  IF you currently have the standalone Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta, you will want to uninstall that first & do a Windows Restart & then get the BETA  MB4.

Malwarebytes Component 1.0.854 is the latest new release.  Just announced this afternoon.
If your pc is already on Version 4  ( regular or beta) you will be updated to it.
And if you wish, you can do a manual Check for updates as you wish.
This release includes, along with other things, the fix for Kaspersky, iTunes and Photoshop
See the pinned announcement here https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/257102-malwarebytes-41/?do=findComment&comment=1367893

• Root Admin

Malwarebytes Components Update: 4.1.0.56 version 1.0.854 addresses Certain Ransomware protection incompatibilities with Kaspersky

This release includes, along with other things, the fix for Kaspersky, iTunes and Photoshop

If your PC is already on Version 4  ( regular or beta) you will be updated to it automatically as long as automatic updates are enabled. If you have temporarily disabled them then please enable them to allow this update.

The original Kaspersky conflict issue was due to a change made by Kaspersky on their Antivirus 20.0.14.1085(patch E) programs. As their change was causing issues for our users we took it upon ourselves to work on developing a workaround for this conflict.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 20 version 20.0.14.1085 was released on July 24, 2019
Patch E for Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 20.0.14.1085 was released on October 23, 2019 which is when the issue was first reported to us.
Patch I for Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 20.0.14.1085 was released on February 18, 2020 and is the latest at the time of this posting on 2020-03-19

Please note that although our update works around this issue, at any time in the future another update from Kaspersky could once again potentially create another conflict. This applies to most other security software as well since we do not have control over what other security program changes other vendors make. On Windows 10 the built-in Microsoft Windows Defender has consistently worked pretty well alongside Malwarebytes when enabled for quite a while now for those that have chosen to use it.