Lost admin rights and other problesm

Beaner

So it's been a week since my first post, and I'm wondering if anyone can help. I feel i've been pretty patient.

Is there any threat in my hijack-this log at all?

The latest development is a recent positive from COMODO AV for a file called C:\WINDOWS\system32\MIDIDEF.exe, with a heuristic threat, and the LAN on Linux intenet gateway is now listed as Disabled. there was one point where it wasn't in my "Network Connections" at all a few days ago. I realize that this "LAN on Linux" may have nothing to do with anything, I'm just including things that look odd.

My REAL concern, is the fact that "Administrator" showed up as log on option out of the blue, and my regular user lost the admin rights. That can't bee right.

;)

• Staff

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes.

Your log doesn't reveal any malware...

Can you try a System Restore to a time before the issue began to occur?

If you log in to the Administrator account that comes up, can you change your current user to an administrator? All of the permissions should be restored after that...

-screen317

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes.

Your log doesn't reveal any malware...

Can you try a System Restore to a time before the issue began to occur?

If you log in to the Administrator account that comes up, can you change your current user to an administrator? All of the permissions should be restored after that...

-screen317

Thanks,

I've taken your advice.

All seems well, and I apreciate your help.

Feel free to close this topic.