Hi Guys, I have a lifelong version of malwarebytes, I have had a lot of problems with pc and hard drives, lost all info on the main hard drive that had all the malwarebytes info and program on,  have tried to do a new install with download from malwarebytes to my new hard drive , when i get about 50% of the new install it stops and i get error message on screen displaying this  ( An Error Occured ) 

Any help on how to solve problem, Thankyou

Hello @chippyman

Can we get some logs to see what's going on

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

2 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @chippyman

Can we get some logs to see what's going on

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

Thankyou very much for quick reply, text files attached as required

Addition.txt FRST.txt

Greetings,

Your logs show that you have 360 Total Security installed.  This application is known to prevent Malwarebytes from being able to install and function.  Removing it should allow you to get Malwarebytes installed.  Once that is done you may try reinstalling 360 Total Security and creating exclusions between the two applications but I do not know for certain that they will be able to work together.  The items to exclude in 360 Total Security for Malwarebytes can be found in this support article.  Be sure to exclude them from the real-time protection components in 360 Total Security.  You should also exclude 360 Total Security's program folder (most likely located under C:\Program Files and/or C:\Program Files (x86)) from Malwarebytes by following the instructions under the Allow a file or folder section of this support article and you should do the same for 360 Total Security's primary data folder which is most likely located under C:\ProgramData.

Please let us know how it goes and if the issue is resolved or not.

Thanks

Hi excile360, 

Many thanks for info, have uninstalled 360 total security with ccleaner, Malwarebytes fully installed and working, do i need a anti virus or will malwarebytes do the job for me, sorry to ask but i am 75 year old senior and find all this technical stuff very complicated

2 minutes ago, chippyman said:

do i need a anti virus or will malwarebytes do the job for me

Since you are on Windows 10, I suggest you take advantage of the built in Defender.

Be sure this setting is in the off position like in this screenshot.

Sec center off.png

8 minutes ago, chippyman said:

...do i need a anti virus or will malwarebytes do the job for me, sorry to ask but i am 75 year old senior and find all this technical stuff very complicated

You're welcome :)

You can get by with just Malwarebytes alone as many of our users do, or you may enable the built in Windows Defender as suggested above; another configuration that many of our users run as it's free and provides an additional layer of protection against threats alongside Malwarebytes.  There are many other AV and internet security products and tools out there that are compatible with Malwarebytes, however Windows Defender is probably the easiest to use and it's also very light on resources so it shouldn't impact your system's performance much if at all.

22 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Since you are on Windows 10, I suggest you take advantage of the built in Defender.

Be sure this setting is in the off position like in this screenshot.

Sec center off.png

Thanks for all your help. A few more things i learnt with your help

Excellent, we are glad to be of service.  If you have any further questions or if there is anything else we might assist you with please don't hesitate to let us know.